• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

BREAKING : NEA high alert advisory - 6.0 earthquake in Sumatra. Tremors in a few areas in Singapura.

SBFNews

Screenshot_20220829-121256_myENV.jpg

I'm anticipating the day when Indonesia has a big scale earthquake that will send strong ripples to our shores and cause our thin-pillar high-rise flats to topple like dominoes.

it’s a cursed region. frequent earthquakes up to 6.9 and once in 69 years earthquakes up to 9.6. then there’s toba which can sexplode every 69k years. that one takes the cake and can cause a mass sextinction event.

Loofydralb

I
I'm anticipating the day when Indonesia has a big scale earthquake that will send strong ripples to our shores and cause our thin-pillar high-rise flats to topple like dominoes.
I've identified this threat long ago. It's better not to stay in highrise esp HDB and esp older ones as their pillars are paper thin. I have even heard foreigners note how skinny those pillars at the void decks are.
SG can close shop once an 8.5 hits nearby Sunda straits.
And it's not even going to be a domino effect. They all will fall over at the same time. Even hospitals and emergency services infrastructure will not be spared.
EVERY BUILDING WILL COLLAPSE!!!
No one will come to help you when you're trapped/stuck under that rubble, alive. For non Muslims it's better to swallow cyanide if ever you're in that position.

I
I've identified this threat long ago. It's better not to stay in highrise esp HDB and esp older ones as their pillars are paper thin. I have even heard foreigners note how skinny those pillars at the void decks are.
SG can close shop once an 8.5 hits nearby Sunda straits.
And it's not even going to be a domino effect. They all will fall over at the same time. Even hospitals and emergency services infrastructure will not be spared.
EVERY BUILDING WILL COLLAPSE!!!
No one will come to help you when you're trapped/stuck under that rubble, alive. For non Muslims it's better to swallow cyanide if ever you're in that position.

The super tall buildings sitting on reclaimed land... now those will be fun. :biggrin:

Loofydralb

The super tall buildings sitting on reclaimed land... now those will be fun. :biggrin:
Whether they're on reclaimed land or not makes no difference when a big quake strikes. They're all piled onto bedrock. It is those flimsy pillars above ground that will fail first.
Other than that, salt permeating reclaimed soil (mostly porous sand) will corrode the piles and it remains unseen and out of sight. The first signs would be cracks on the basement. Happy living to those condos. Pray you don't end up like the ones collapsed in Florida!

Whether they're on reclaimed land or not makes no difference when a big quake strikes. They're all piled onto bedrock. It is those flimsy pillars above ground that will fail first.
Other than that, salt permeating reclaimed soil (mostly porous sand) will corrode the piles and it remains unseen and out of sight. The first signs would be cracks on the basement. Happy living to those condos. Pray you don't end up like the ones collapsed in Florida!
KNN, you everything also scared. Might as well go and die and not live in this world anymore.

Previously, I had been in Taiwan for work on so many occasions and had also experienced their minor earthquakes. And I'm still alive today. I'd even experienced earthquakes in my hotel in Italy. Take everything that nature throws at you as a challenge. Don't be a coward.

Loofydralb

KNN, you everything also scared. Might as well go and die and not live in this world anymore.

Previously, I had been in Taiwan for work on so many occasions and had also experienced their minor earthquakes. And I'm still alive today. I'd even experienced earthquakes in my hotel in Italy. Take everything that nature throws at you as a challenge. Don't be a coward.
Where did I mentioned I was scared? You read non existing words in between lines. Sure you did not miss your latest appointment with IMH? Or did you miss you medication?

If you have the balls, you would have kept your promise to meet me at the Yishun MRT station. You even told me not to chicken out, but eventually, you were the one who had chickened out.and not appeared. WTF you no balls bastard?

Loofydralb

If you have the balls, you would have kept your promise to meet me at the Yishun MRT station. You even told me not to chicken out, but eventually, you were the one who had chickened out.and not appeared. WTF you no balls bastard?
I told you I was there and all I saw were women in skirts coming in and out of the place. Did you cross dress? Because that makes it to identify if you have balls or a cameltoe.

Yes, you were there, but in your dreams. If you have no balls, don't boast. It'll only make you even more stupid. You can't even show a receipt to prove that you were there on that day and time. WTF have you got to say for yourself?

But then again, what the fuck can one expect from a coward who is even afraid of earthquakes? LOL.

Loofydralb

Yes, you were there, but in your dreams. If you have no balls, don't boast. It'll only make you even more stupid. You can't even show a receipt to prove that you were there on that day and time. WTF have you got to say for yourself?
You receipts prove nothing. Anyone can plan ahead to make that receipt. Integrity is better. Your posts indicate mental issues, which when cross examined in court will nullify your every testimony.

No balls say no balls lah. Trying to vindicate yourself from your cowardice here is useless. Everyone here will know what kind of a fucking coward you are? Worse than a keyboard warrior.