• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Breaking: More Than $254M to Subsidize FTrash Students!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - $254M to subsidize foreigners, true?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>interpretsg <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>10:42 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20479.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Alex Zhixiang Tan wrote
at 12:56am yesterday
im glad you mentioned tuition grant.
foreign students have free access to tuition grants paid by Singaporean taxpayers.
http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/edu/UG/fees.html
yes, stupid Singaporeans like you have naively believed foreign students pay their degree fees in full!
whats that amount you gave?? $19000?
$19000 x 13371 foreign students = $254 049 000
that is $254 MILLIONS every 4 years paid by SINGAPOREANS TAXPAYERS.
eat that!
Alex Zhixiang Tan wrote
at 12:50am yesterday
hello Fong
congratulations, you just opened up a can of worms. let me show you how NUS and NTU gave skewed statistics.
lets talk about NUS and NTU alone:
20% of NUS undergrads are foreigners, 0.2 x 23900 = 4780
50% of NUS postgrads are foreigners, 0.5 x 9100 = 4550
20% of NTU undergrads are foreigners, 0.2 x 20206 = 4041
foreign students actual number = 13371
the above figure exclude scholarships and PRs(whose statistic are mixed with Singaporeans under the name of "Singapore students")
now tell me we cant find 13371 Singaporean student who qualify for university. what kind of foreigner-first approach is this by PAP?
we Singaporeans are short-changed. the male serve NS only to have our university places snatched by foreign students. and i laughed out loud when SM Goh called us "quitters"!
above information from online citizen blogger Leong Sze Han
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2007/07/university-places-numbers-dont-add-up/
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

R

redlightmeansgo

There is some kind of a sick and reversed diaspora taking place in Singapore:

All the rich and well-connected have fucked off to some place else to breed, and breathe. You know who you are!

Those who are disenfranchised in their own motherland flock here every year in the hope that they'll get a second chance in life, or so they've been told. You know who you are!

Those who are left behind here work to the bone to serve these two groups of people. You know who you are!

So, to whoever is reading this now, where do you stand?

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More needy children seek School Pocket Fund help
Publication date: 22 August 09, Sat
By Judith Tan
THE number of schoolchildren asking for help to pay for things like a daily meal during recess time has ballooned.In the first half of this year, 9,855 families have asked ....for help - 1,000 more than for the whole of last year.
...estimated that the total number of those who will ask for help this year will hit 11,000.

As a result, the School Pocket Money Fund (SPMF) aims to raise a record $5.7 million this year, up from last year's $4.4 million....Donors, themselves hit by the effects of the economic downturn, are giving much less... fund-raising would fall well short of the target by year-end, with only about $3.2 million collected.......

http://www.straitstimes.com/print/School+Pocket+Money+Fund/SPMF+News/Story/STIStory_421055.html

I read with disgust esp when considering that at least 11,000 local families
cannot even afford proper meals for their children.
What kind of government have we elected?

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>Coffeeshop Chit Chat - $254M to subsidize foreigners, true?</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>interpretsg <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>10:42 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 1) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>20479.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Alex Zhixiang Tan wrote
at 12:56am yesterday
im glad you mentioned tuition grant.
foreign students have free access to tuition grants paid by Singaporean taxpayers.
http://www.nus.edu.sg/registrar/edu/UG/fees.html
yes, stupid Singaporeans like you have naively believed foreign students pay their degree fees in full!
whats that amount you gave?? $19000?
$19000 x 13371 foreign students = $254 049 000
that is $254 MILLIONS every 4 years paid by SINGAPOREANS TAXPAYERS.
eat that!
Alex Zhixiang Tan wrote
at 12:50am yesterday
hello Fong
congratulations, you just opened up a can of worms. let me show you how NUS and NTU gave skewed statistics.
lets talk about NUS and NTU alone:
20% of NUS undergrads are foreigners, 0.2 x 23900 = 4780
50% of NUS postgrads are foreigners, 0.5 x 9100 = 4550
20% of NTU undergrads are foreigners, 0.2 x 20206 = 4041
foreign students actual number = 13371
the above figure exclude scholarships and PRs(whose statistic are mixed with Singaporeans under the name of "Singapore students")
now tell me we cant find 13371 Singaporean student who qualify for university. what kind of foreigner-first approach is this by PAP?
we Singaporeans are short-changed. the male serve NS only to have our university places snatched by foreign students. and i laughed out loud when SM Goh called us "quitters"!
above information from online citizen blogger Leong Sze Han
http://theonlinecitizen.com/2007/07/university-places-numbers-dont-add-up/
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Garment sponsored foreign students also receive allowance for lodging and expenses. And if you add more expensive degree programmes into the mix then the amount goes much higher. And don't forget their flight tickets and that of their spouses if they are married.

BUt GCT and the pappies say it is only a few plates of char kway tiow!:eek:

Last edited:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read with disgust esp when considering that at least 11,000 local families
cannot even afford proper meals for their children.
What kind of government have we elected?

i didn't give my vote to them, i rather give to any alternative party even he is a road sweeper...