• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BREAKING: Josie Lau removed from VP position at DBS!!

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Josie Lau Meng Lee, the ex-Aware President who was ousted from office by a vote of no confidence in an EGM, now finds herself being removed from her position as Vice President and Head of Marketing, Cards and Unsecured Loans at DBS Bank.

According to a Sunday Times report, Josie, has been “redesignated” to a new role. When contacted, DBS would say only that she is still working at the bank. Ms Lau did not answer calls. (read article here)

DBS was not known to be supportive of Josie’s involvement with Aware. In a press statement released on 17 April 2009, DBS castigated Josie for running for president of Aware without prior approval from them:

Read full report here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=9147

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woohoo!! She deserves it!!!

Times are bad and she has the nerve to disobey her employer's request.

This is justice. Don't think your employer got no say about what you do in your free time. If it affects the image of the company, they have a right to fuck you.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun want ppl 2 hold post in aware ...

ppl now oredi nt holding post wat! ... so vindictif 4 wat? ... such a petty gp of ppl! ... n do big business type sum mor! ...

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
DBS is just being very personal and petty here...

How many of their employees are actually involved in similar associations? I personally know of a couple of grassroots leaders working in DBS.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

How many of their employees are actually involved in similar associations? I personally know of a couple of grassroots leaders working in DBS.

More like they have heard talk of people boycotting their DBS cards.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you boss told you not to do something, you better listen.

Josie is very lucky that DBS still keeps her. If I have a say, she would be sacked!!

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, very petty, if you look at who owns DBS, you'll know who is that petty person or persons.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you boss told you not to do something, you better listen.

Josie is very lucky that DBS still keeps her. If I have a say, she would be sacked!!

Yar, im quite surprised that she was not sacked. DBS fear THIO SU MIEn will put a curse on them?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
The spin of the machinery of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan never ceases to amaze me.

This is the second time that Josie created controvery. Last year, Josie Lau, was in charge of the DBS Charity Drive in support of Focus On The Family, US-based Christian organisation that is opposed to abortion and equal rights for sexual minorities. This controversy was well-documented.

Yes, very petty, if you look at who owns DBS, you'll know who is that petty person or persons.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Orbit good lah.

Jiak ba keng eng....nothing to do...challenge the AWARe thingy...
and
now tio pawned deep deep lor.

Checkmate liao for her.

:p :o :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
complain union!

UNION is an enuch!, in SINgapore!..you kidding!, better go, talk to a rock; worst case scenario, you hear echoes!:rolleyes:

Josie, can go re-training, from VP to tea lady..in the past, she can pick up the phone and say.."Helen, two teas please!"..now, she would have to eat humble pie, and Helen, will say' two teas, pleas Josie"...:biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this is uncalled for to make personal attacks on people trying to make a public stand. Isn't this what we complain about PAP for hamtaming Chee and other political figures into penniless outcasts? Why can we just address the issue and not be so petty about the whole issue?