• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BMT Packing List - Confirmed SAF is now Guniang Army

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I had a good laugh when I saw the packing list. Must pack nail clipper to remove dirt from finger nails. LOL. Must pack swimming goggles too, I guess in case water gets in their eyes. LOL.

BMT Enlistment Packing List (Updated on 9 Aug 24)​

Guide

Happy National Day !
I recently enlisted and just booked out yesterday. Here's a packing checklist I wish I had—hopefully, it'll help some of you out there.
Detailed Version:
Toiletries:

• 2x Adidas 3 in 1 Shower Gel (Hair, Body & Face)
  • 1x Nail Clipper with Dirt Remover
  • 1x Big box of wet wipes (for body and area cleaning)
  • 1x Roll-on Deodorant
  • 1x Towel (Provided)
  • 1x Toothbrush & Toothpaste (Provided for SBA (stand by area) purposes, suggest to get your own one instead)
  • 1x Razor (Provided for SBA purposes, suggest to get your own one instead)
Laundry Items:
  • 15x Clothes Hangers
  • 10x Pegs
  • 1x Febreze
  • 1x Medium size liquid detergent
Admin Items:
  • NRIC (Just use SingPass)
  • Enlistment Letter (Not needed)
  • Passport Photo PDF (Not needed)
  • Soft copy of school certification & other transcripts (Not needed)
Electronics:
  • 2x 20k mAh power banks (to rotate every 2-3 days)
  • 1x Multiple head wall plug (yes, you can charge)
  • 1x AirPods Pro (or any noise-cancelling device)
  • 1x Casio sports watch (Provided with a better one, but still get one for outfield)
  • Extension cord (Not allowed)
  • Tablet/iPad (Not allowed)
  • Laptop/MacBook (Not allowed)
Clothing:
  • 10x Underwear (Boxers not allowed)
  • 1x Kiwi (Provided)
Miscellaneous Items:
  • 1x Slippers (Sandals provided, but still recommended to bring)
  • 1x Swimming goggles
  • 1x Locker (Provided)
  • 1x Permanent marker (Provided)
  • 1x Black whiteboard marker (to erase permanent marker)
  • 1x Big bottle of sunscreen lotion (PLEASE BRING AND USE)
  • 1x Big bottle of snake powder
  • 1x Moisturizer
  • 3x Big reusable bags (for shower items and other usage)
  • 1x Flashlight (Provided)
  • Cash/coins (Cashless vending machines, recruits cannot use them)
Straightforward Version:
Toiletries:

• 2x Adidas 3 in 1 Shower Gel
  • 1x Nail Clipper with Dirt Remover
  • 1x Big box of wet wipes
  • 1x Toothbrush & Toothpaste
  • 1x Razor
Laundry Items:
  • 15x Clothes Hangers
  • 10x Pegs
  • 1x Febreze
  • 1x Medium size liquid detergent
Admin Items:
  • SingPass
Electronics:
  • 2x 20k mAh power banks
  • 1x Multiple head wall plug
  • 1x AirPods Pro
  • 1x Casio sports watch
Clothing:
  • 10x Underwear
Miscellaneous Items:
  • 1x Slippers
  • 1x Swimming goggles
  • 1x Black whiteboard marker
  • 1x Big bottle of sunscreen lotion
  • 1x Big bottle of snake powder
  • 1x Moisturizer
  • 3x Big reusable bags (for shower items and other usage)
Tips:
  • You'll be issued an extra PT (physical training) tee, but I recommend buying an extra pair of PT shorts during your first e-mart (shopping) session in Week 2.
  • If you take public transport to/from home, bring a clean admin tee when booking out. You can change from your uniform into the admin tee right away at the nearest mall, so you won’t smell bad on the MRT. Plus, it covers up your full name on your uniform. (Please don't do this—it's called vest slack, and it's not allowed.)
  • Most people get sunburned during the first few days. Please use sunscreen, especially before PT sessions.
  • If you feel stinging itch when/after contacting the sun it's called heat rashes, REPORT SICK THE NEXT DAY, you'll feel okay the next day morning but after contacting the sun again you'll regret not reporting sick in the morning.

Reactions: jw5

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't remember packing anything.
What for need a watch.. Bmt time don't need to know time as it doesn't matter what time it is so long can get to bed is heaven.
Slipper? Just barefoot.
Clothes hanger? Camp will provide
Ah now I remember only brought insect repellent and powder h2o with flavour for water parade and snake powder for shiokness.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Other than toiletries, razor, toilet paper, waterproof slippers and maybe a couple of hangers, every else is extra.

You don't need a powerbank unless you're in the jungle for a few days. Stop watching those ADHD-inducing clickbait short videos when you're bored and you phone's battery will last a long time.

You don't need a deodorant unless you are a stinky fellow. Blame the genetics inherited from your parents.

No need for sunscreen and moisturiser, you faggots. :rolleyes:

Prickly Heat (Snake) powder, just bring along a medium size bottle. There are shops inside the camp that sell them, but I remember the prices there are slightly marked up.

I recommend these few extras:

1) Eye drops
2) TCM powder for ulcers
3) Inhaler (I like the Thai Poysian brand)

Last edited:
Reactions: jw5

jw5

Loyal
They should have that while I was doing NS. Kept forgetting to pack things. :frown::rolleyes::tongue:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Other than toiletries, razor, toilet paper, waterproof slippers and maybe a couple of hangers, every else is extra.

You don't need a powerbank unless you're in the jungle for a few days. Stop watching those ADHD-inducing clickbait short videos when you're bored and you phone's battery will last a long time.

You don't need a deodorant unless you are a stinky fellow. Blame the genetics inherited from your parents.

No need for sunscreen and moisturiser, you faggots. :rolleyes:

Prickly Heat (Snake) powder, just bring along a medium size bottle. There are shops inside the camp that sell them, but I remember the prices there are slightly marked up.

I recommend these few extras:

1) Eye drops
2) TCM powder for ulcers
3) Inhaler (I like the Thai Poysian brand)
I didn't bring anything. I just showed up. Not even prickly heat powder, I can't stand it. I brought a razor and shaving foam. Some of my fellow BMT mates don't even bring foam. Just shave dry. Nowadays, SAF is really guniang army. I see the Ukraine war videos, and that is how i remember my NS. These new generations will cry for mommy in Ukraine.