• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blatter set to run for fifth term as Fifa president

SpaceTruckin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

'My mission is not yet finished' - Blatter set to run for fifth term as Fifa president

402355_heroa.jpg

By Kris Voakes46
May 9, 2014 12:03:17 PM

The 78-year-old Swiss still feels that he has work to do in his role at the head of the game's governing body

Sepp Blatter is set to stand for a fifth term as Fifa president after telling a Swiss newspaper: "My mission is not yet finished."

The 78-year-old had been expected to announce his intention to run for another stint at the head of the world governing body during June's Fifa Congress in Sao Paulo and he has now told Blick that he still feels that he has work to do beyond the end of his current term in office.

"I want to do it because it is not over yet," Blatter admitted when asked whether he will throw his hat into the ring for the May 2015 elections. "My term is indeed over, but my mission is not yet finished."

The Swiss has been president of Fifa since 1998, having served the orgnisation since 1975 as technical director and general secretary under previous president Joao Havelange.

So far, only Jerome Champagne, a former deputy general secretary at Fifa and old ally of Blatter, has confirmed his intention to stand for next year's elections. However, the current incumbent is set to follow suit with an announcement at the next Congress in Sao Paulo on June 10-11 ahead of a World Cup Blatter told Blick he cannot wait for.

"It is my 10th World Cup," Blatter added. "I was at my first tournament in 1978, and the one in Brazil will be a great occasion, a tremendous thing."