• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BIG BREAKING NEWS: How Money Is Made From Diseases Here. Wah Lau Eh!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah lau...i long long suspected. Next the GARMENT reply will be "IT's Subsidised". Phoooe!

June 27, 2009
H1N1 TESTING
Why should being responsible cost $214?

WHAT is the rationale behind the charges for Influenza A (H1N1) testing by the health authori-ties?

Singaporeans and foreign visitors who

experience flu-like symptoms have come forward responsibly and, in many cases voluntarily, to be tested in an effort to contain the spread of H1N1 virus in the community, yet they are slapped with hospital charges.

On June 11, I called the 993 hotline after experiencing flu-like symptoms, especially since I had recently arrived from abroad.

I did so even though I had completed the seven-day waiting period.

The operator advised me to go immediately for H1N1 testing and sent an ambulance to take me in. While at the Communicable Disease Centre, I was told I needed to be warded overnight while waiting for my test results.�

The next day, my test results were found to be negative and I was allowed to return home, but not before I was slapped with a bill for $214.05.

Billing items included room charges, treatment fees, investigations, X-ray and lab fees, and medication.

It would be good to know the rationale of the Ministry of Health for imposing these charges to�ascertain my (negative) H1N1 status.

I would have preferred not to be warded but was given no choice and now have to pay the overnight room charges.

Also, why are all suspected H1N1 cases made to pay the laboratory fee of $60?

Daphne K. Teo (Ms)

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
gd la ...

lidat encourage ppl dun go 4 checks la ...

den, there wil b mor n mor undetected cases la ... let it spread like wildfire la ...

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Sickening right, this money minded Government, without $, I doubt they would be able to implement anything sensible.

Let's these words get out, and in no time, nobody will go for screening and we will have a country epidemic very soon.

:mad:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Report is absolutely right. The best treatment for flu/cold is lots of fluids and lots of rest. W/o rest, your body's immune system will not be able to do its job.

Milking from those who are desperate or herded into "treatment" centres or prescribed medication works in the favour of Big Pharma and their partners in distribution.

When these (pharmaceutical) companies started, they were founded by chemists and scientists who challenged themselves to come up with cures, mostly extracted from nature's own weapons. This group of committed people have passed on and in their place are market savvy high fliers whose interests are Porsches and Real Estate. You decide for yourselves who you want to place your health issues with. Good luck.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I say this long time ago even before H1N1 comes !

Force people to go for compulsory vaccinations !

Wooden citizens will not protest !

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Report is absolutely right. The best treatment for flu/cold is lots of fluids and lots of rest. W/o rest, your body's immune system will not be able to do its job.

Milking from those who are desperate or herded into "treatment" centres or prescribed medication works in the favour of Big Pharma and their partners in distribution.

When these (pharmaceutical) companies started, they were founded by chemists and scientists who challenged themselves to come up with cures, mostly extracted from nature's own weapons. This group of committed people have passed on and in their place are market savvy high fliers whose interests are Porsches and Real Estate. You decide for yourselves who you want to place your health issues with. Good luck.

Cheers!

I don't trust the Big Pharma anymore, they spend more money on advertising their drugs and paying for the lobbyists to whitewash the public on their magic pills. They brainwash people just like PAP brainwash the public about the fake economic growth, fake democracy and fake unemployment rates and the stupid 66.6% of the people believe in those scums.

While there are drugs that can save people from deaths or serious complications from acute diseases, most drugs in the long term are detrimental to the body. I have personally take antidepressant before and I believe that chocolates work better than those expensive drugs against depression. The pharmaceutical industries is also responsible in creating superbugs like super-tuberculosis and MRSA which cannot be killed using penicillin and other common antibiotics. These pharmaceuticals also only treat the symptoms and not the cause of the disease.

Having good rest everyday, exercising regularly, eating nutritious food and maintaining high standard of hygiene is much better safeguard against any diseases as compared to any drugs.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now your know how MJ died?
Fooled into taking these drugs thinking they can worked wonders for him.
Can relieve stress, depression, and turn him into superman.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Charge so many fee. If me really not confrim have H1N1 I will not go for checking.
Better print this news big big to encourage less people go for check up.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is for the patient then I dont think he mind paying the $214 if the results is positive. He became tolang because the result was negative.
For evxample if that guy was to go for cancer test and the result is negative, I think he would be overjoyed instead .

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it is for the patient then I dont think he mind paying the $214 if the results is positive. He became tolang because the result was negative.
For evxample if that guy was to go for cancer test and the result is negative, I think he would be overjoyed instead .

I dont think your issue arises in this case.

The issue is always using the LAW rightly or wrongly, mostly wrongly to make money from citizens

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
U STOOPIG FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise how to recoup Ho Jinx billions losses???

Another way is to let the swine flu spread n PAP will hold sinkies at ransom just like in the movie "V for Vendetta"

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NOw it is the chance for them to rebel against unfair charges. BUt , as usual, what sinkies do? Bend down further and let them screw.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
fleecing is a daily tactic of the pap... why the writer is so surprise ??... he is still living in a dream call the pap singapore...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is cheaper to be H1N1...charge only $60...but your stay @ Aloha..how much will the bill come to?..get it!. Every, which way, it turn...YOU PAY!.

Might as well , not go and check..!!

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charge so many fee. If me really not confrim have H1N1 I will not go for checking.
Better print this news big big to encourage less people go for check up.
During this exyraordinary times..the MOH must activates their contingency budbet to handle these cost to ensure the minisation of transmital..especially for ppl who are CIVIL MINDED enough to volunteer for screening and isolation..........
MOH should review and implement ummediately and refund all those who volunteer.......or else..hoe could the MOH encourage the responsible public to come out ..spend time .and tolerate isolation?????????
the answer is so obvious..minister of health must review........the battle is still on...if not sinkapus will have to shuit down schools..public places very soon....if the spread of H1N1 go unchecked bcos ppl are discourage to volunteer........