• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware of Fcuked Up Cash Cards!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Tackle CashCard problem and end motorists' woes
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->ON JUNE 1, I went past the Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantry along the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) towards Changi Airport, before the Stevens Road exit, at 8.11am.
However, instead of the usual beep, I got a long beep with a red light from the in-vehicle unit (IU), indicating that the deduction had not been made and that I was in for a slew of problems.
I had been using the CashCard for more than six months. Also, every time I need to go past an ERP gantry, I always pull out and re-insert the card at the beginning of my journey to ensure there is sufficient value and the card and IU are functioning properly.
The car is about three and a half years old and so is the IU. I had not encountered a problem with the IU and CashCard before in this car.
On taking the car to the STA inspection centre in Sin Ming Road, I was told that the problem was with my CashCard. The other people there with similar woes also had the same type of CashCard with them. The inspector at the centre told me that at least six in 10 cases at the centre each day had the same problem.
I believe it is the responsibility of the Land Transport Authority and/or Nets to ensure that all CashCards are compatible with all batches of IUs, especially since it involves a fine and other inconveniences to users when things go wrong.
If there is any problem, it is their duty to recall the CashCards, instead of allowing vendors to continue selling them.
The other issue is the administrative fee. It is already painful enough for the road user to have to make the extra effort to visit an IU test centre to check out the problem after such an incident. Why add an administrative charge to the motorist's woes?
I believe I speak for a large number of motorists out there who encounter such problems. Luke Toh Han Wei

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I feel sorry for Luke, there is a reason why i don't buy new cash cards
and keep using my old ones. The folks up there just don't care hence you
see a lot of irritated and unhappy drivers these days, honking aggressively and not giving way even when they are in the wrong.