• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'beware of boys'

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>'Beware of strangers' rather than 'beware of boys'
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to Sunday's report, 'Daughters dearest'.
Mr Jim Rogers shared his advice to his daughters: 'Think for yourself, question everything and beware of boys'.
I agree with him, but with some changes to the last part.
It is indeed important to think for oneself before one thinks for others. This is because if one cannot even think for oneself, how can one think for others?
Question everything. This is especially true in the present-day context. Before one agrees or disagrees on any issue, one should think it through by questioning the 'what', 'how' and 'why' of the issue, and weigh its pros and cons before one comes to a decision.
Mr Rogers is also right to advise his daughters to 'beware of boys', but I would like to change it to 'beware of strangers', especially when they offer something too good to be true. It is true, most of the time. Examples are aplenty, as reported in the press.
I am fortunate to have believed and practised the advice to 'beware of strangers'. As a result, I have been saved from losing money on 'too good to be true' financial products offered by smooth-talking promoters.
In a nutshell, if one brings one's greed and fear under control, one should be able to overcome any crisis in one's life journey. Loke Kong