• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BEST PAY for Ministers. Mental Toughness for Peasants. What FCUKING Logic?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Lift remark: Explanation
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to yesterday's letter by Mr Teng Nee Peng, 'Lifts at every floor a necessity, not luxury', in response to my interview on Wednesday, 'Warning: Suicide peak ahead'. Please note that I am not against having lifts on every floor. In fact, I am happy the HDB is trying to have them.
My point is that we often take many things for granted - for example, housing, health care, peace and security - and coming into a recession, I worry that some of us may have lost the mental toughness needed to cope with hardship and adversity.
Dr Chia Boon Hock

=============
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=AlternatePost style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Chia Boon Hock should go and live in a real Western First World country to see what is meant by "Govt spoils citizens"! There seems to be no shortage of shallow mind 'experts' in SG.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: Angelina_Jo at Fri Apr 24 19:47:58 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Some years back, because we voted out the MUP, due to unrealistic additional costs added to the main bill, we did not enjoy or rather we feel that we will never get the lift-at-every-floor upgrading. We need not go into the main discussion of what was included fairly or not fairly, but there were many bells and whistles stuff which were not needed, hence the "no" vote.

The majority of the folks who live in my estate, are well over 65 years old (my parents are over 70) and we certainly view this upgrade as a necessity and not a luxury.

Upgrading has always been used as a stick-and-carrot method during General Elections. It will be demeaning to attempt to vote out the ruling party, due to their own pettiness in neglecting to upgrade our lifts now. Even if the ruling MP remains, the anger and sense of unfairness will stay with us for long time. Is this the way we should live in Singapore?

Please stop the perceived neglect with us, and upgrade our 25-year old estate with necessary lift-upgrades now, please. I think it is easy to identify which estate I am refering to, because it was the only second time a MUP was voted out in the history of HDB.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: lplp at Fri Apr 24 19:25:38 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->