• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BEST PAID Govt: I Donch Know. I Can't Help! Bye Bye...

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Bank won't relent, MAS can't help any more
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to the Forum letter on Friday, "Minibonds: Bank adamant despite MAS advice", by Mr Victor Khoo. I, too, faced the same problem.
I invested $200,000 on a United Overseas Bank (UOB) structured product after the bank's relationship manager persuaded me to switch from a fixed deposit instrument that had matured in July 2007. She said that upon maturity in July last year, I would get back my money in full, but I did not.
At the time, it was difficult for me to reach that manager and while she promised to revert to me, she did not.
I went to the bank's headquarters and between July 4 and 23 last year, had interviews with various bank officers from Privilege Banking, Customer Care Management, Customer Advocacy and Service Quality.
I, too, felt that the interviews were more about the officers trying to justify their actions and to highlight my risk profile to validate their sale. It seemed as if the meetings were only in compliance with the Monetary Authority of Singapore's (MAS) regulation.
On Sept 30 last year, I received a rejection letter from the vice-president of Customer Care Management. I sought help from the Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre (Fidrec) and was told that the adjudication limit was $50,000, unless both parties agreed to let Fidrec handle the case for amounts above that limit. Of course, I agreed, but not the financial institution.
I sought help from my MPs Hri Kumar and Wong Kan Seng. They helped me to write to MAS, asking MAS to persuade UOB to allow Fidrec to handle the case for the full amount of $200,000. But I was informed by MAS that it was in no position to ask the bank to agree and that it would forward the MPs' letter to the financial institution instead.
In the end, I was rejected by the vice-president of Customer Care Management again.
What other recourse is there for us other than legal redress? Serene Lim (Ms)

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>How much CPF money is wih AIA Singapore?
AIA, care to disclose the total?
Are all the money of AiA Singapore invested in Singapore?
Care to disclose this?
How much of the money invested are lost or have lost its value in this meltdown, and what is the % lost?
Care to disclose this too?

read this:

AIA's policies protected and safe

I REFER to Mr Lawrence Law's Online Forum letter, 'What happens if insurer goes bankrupt?' (March 17). As part of its restructuring plan, AIG announced on March 2 a broad set of actions taken in cooperation with the US Department of The Treasury and the Federal Reserve to improve AIG's capital structure, and protect and enhance the value of its key businesses, including the AIA group.

These actions include AIG contributing shareholders' equity of AIA to a special-purpose vehicle and positioning AIA as a distinct operation.

AIG will continue to review its divestiture options, which ultimately may include a public offering of shares of the AIA group, depending on market conditions.

The positioning of the AIA group as a more distinct operation represents a major step forward for the AIA group and will reinforce its position as a leading life insurance company in Asia. The AIA group is financially strong, with a combined solvency ratio in excess of 200 per cent of regulatory requirements, total assets of over US$60 billion (S$90 billion) as at Nov 30 last year and Standard & Poor's financial strength rating of A+.

These developments will have minimal impact on customers. We would like to reassure customers that their AIA insurance policies are protected and safe.

As with all insurance companies in Singapore, AIA is required under the Insurance Act to maintain statutory insurance funds which are segregated from its head office and other shareholders' funds. AIA's insurance business assets are subject to stringent regulatory requirements that provide for their protection for the purpose of meeting insurance liabilities. We are working closely with the Monetary Authority of Singapore to continue to meet its requirements in order to ensure the interests of policyholders are protected.

We thank Mr Law for the opportunity to clarify his concerns. We remain fully committed to our customers and deeply appreciate their continued trust and support.

If customers have further queries or concerns about their policies, they may contact their AIA financial services consultant or call our dedicated hotline on 6248-8355.

Kenneth Juneau

Executive Vice-President & Senior Regional Executive

AIA Singapore
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: NELNELNEL at Sat Mar 28 06:21:23 SGT 2009
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>