• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BEGGING as a PROFESSION.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
An old uncle once told me.That you will hardly find a Chinese begging in sinkie land during his time.Perhaps in the 50s,60s & 70s.Such was their pride.They worked instead.Even as a night -soil carriers(carried shit in buckets lah).But never begged.And if at all anybody begged.It most likely to be an Indian.I really cannot vouch for the truth of this matter.I don't know lah.

But as I walked through Chinatown last week.I counted a dozen beggars.Everyone is Chinese.Local Chinese lah.I also walked by Little India a couple of days back.Hardly an Indian beggar at sight.Perhaps swarming with illegal workers but not a single beggar to be sighted.

Over 40 years of PAP rule.What a tremendous change.Has the Ministry of Manpower now classified begging as a self-employed profession?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r not street-wise. Chinese can be PRC or indo-chinese.
Malay can be fm Indo n Indian fm Malaysia. From thailand comes the robed
monk n nuns.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r not street-wise. Chinese can be PRC or indo-chinese.
Malay can be fm Indo n Indian fm Malaysia. From thailand comes the robed
monk n nuns.

<style></style>Oh yes,We all know where to find PRC in Chinatown right.If you don't know ask our Ah Pek(s) lah.The PRC(s) are swarming as prostitutes around People's Park lah.Or just walk over the bridge connecting People's Park and I would be surprised if you are not approached by a PRC prostitute.Now prostitution could also have been classified as a profession for FT.Oh yes ! just ask our CIQ.They issue special passes.But I am talking of local Chinese lah.Just walk along Outram MRT to Pearls centre.You would count at least 6 local Chinese begging.