• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BBC: Singapore Companies No More Money. Resort To Doing This!! Liao ! Liao!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore firms turn to bartering

By Mariko Oi
Asia Business Report, BBC World, Singapore

Malvin Khoo at his factory
Mr Khoo says bartering helps cut costs.

In northern Singapore, among many residential flats, there stands a huge six-storey building called Northlink.

It houses more than 500 small to medium sized businesses, or SMEs.

They are the backbone of Singapore's economy, and yet they are the hardest hit by the current recession.

Since the global credit crunch spread to the city state, banks became nervous to lend - especially to SMEs.

Alarmed by the situation, the government has announced that it will spend almost $4bn (£2.6bn) to stimulate bank lending in the budget.

But Singapore is experiencing its worst downturn in its history, with the economy forecast to shrink by much as 10% this year. And the freeze in credit markets is not yet thawing.

So businesses are turning to alternative methods to pay their bills, a tactic once considered a last resort, namely the age old practice of barter trade.

Last resort

On the top floor of Northlink building, manager Malvin Khoo is busy finalising deals with his clients. He owns a Singapore based printing and packaging firm that employs 15 people.

Malvin Khoo at Megumi Japanese restaurant
I structured to trade $20,000 worth of plates to restaurants
Malvin Khoo, printer

"The greatest thing about bartering is I could be ordering a jumbo jet, or a yacht tomorrow," he quips.

Obviously, that is "quite unlikely", he laughs, though he has managed to use a property in Malaysia to barter with.

"It is the cheapest way to expand my business."

Mr Khoo joined Barterxchange, a network of 600 businesses in Malaysia and Singapore, 18 months ago.

Instead of simplistic one-to-one direct exchange of goods and services, members go online.

Forget cash. They have their own universal currency.

Companies earn credits by offering their services and skills. They can then use them to get what they need from other members.

"I had some customers that I did packaging for, who had surplus plates," explains Mr Khoo. "So I structured to trade $20,000 worth of plates to restaurants. Some of them were just opening up so they needed new plates."

In return, Mr Khoo scored free meals at various restaurants.

One of them is Megumi Japanese restaurant, which has sold dining vouchers worth more than $10,000.

"Not only did we get free webpage design and printing services by bartering, we also got some tremendous exposure to the business community," says managing director Hazel Hok.

"We used to be a local neighbourhood restaurant, but we have seen a significant increase in corporate functions."

New members

And there is no geographical boundary.

Asia's biggest barter trade site is connected to more than a dozen global websites, where half a million companies participate.

"We have even sent electronic goods to Nigeria," says Lee Oi Kum, executive chairman of Barterxchange.

The industry is now worth over $8bn annually, according to the International Reciprocal Trade Association.

And its popularity is rising.

Barterxchange has seen a 30% jump in its membership since 2007.

Companies cannot operate solely by bartering. But it definitely offers alternative methods to make things a little easier.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad what. At least it's like going back to the ancient times where people just barter things, before even thinking of using beads, strings and trinkets.

Way to go for a cashless society hahaha.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
did he said

"We have even sent electronic goods to Nigeria," says Lee Oi Kum, executive chairman of Barterxchange.

what a lunatic. he will get what's coming to him soon, very soon.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well fatty, some people are very enterprising. We must applaud their spirit of international commerce, going where (almost) no man dares to tread.

What's Adam King in comparison?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad what. At least it's like going back to the ancient times where people just barter things, before even thinking of using beads, strings and trinkets.

I wonder what happens to Nets ! Did our government give them leeway to survive !

AfterTimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bartering is a good alternative to use in international trade as it minimizes the risk of foreign currency exchange, especially in this uncertain times when the value of the dollar is being questioned.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once businesses start to barter their female employees' sexual services for goods, it's time to migrate liao!

e.g.
1 handjob = 3 steel rods
1 blowjob = 2 steel rods + 1 printer
1 fulljob = 1 month rental exemption

Last edited:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
What an ingenious idea?!

Our resident TLLM asshole can go there and
barter (butter) his asshole for other items like
lubricants for his mother's old and dried up pussy
and throat surgery for all the deepthroating of PAPigs cocks he did during his
lifetime.

Hehehehehehehe!

Idea leh!

:rolleyes:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha ha.....TLLM will barter your father and brother asred and your mother wife and daughter cheebye to the black nigerian , they love it....

Very kind of royton cheng to recommend it....... he he he...... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Butter up your asshole and get ready for your PAPigs Masters to ass it real good for you, OK asshole?

:biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't worries, I buttered your 18dai up before barter them to the black nigerian.......ok no problem......he he he :biggrin:

Yeah yeah! Dream on, asshole?!?

The only pussy you ever had contact with is perhaps your old mother's lao chee bye where she pushed your sorry asshole out into this world for people like me to screw and ass around!?!

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha ha ....asshole cheng now learn to agree yeah yeah yeah......

All the pussy I ever had contact with are perhaps Royston cheng mother's lao chee bye where she pushed assholecheng out into this world for people like me to screw and ass around........he he he....:biggrin:

Copy cat!?

Really the intellect of a teenager si ki na?!?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah.....on a hot afternoon......in the town squares, they barter human beings...women too!:rolleyes: we are sure going back to ancient days...:o

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oooh...so this is what PAP called the first world cuntry moving towards cashless society like no others in the world. Time to plant some chillies at home and see if I can trade it with something from my neighbour. Will smrt take my chillies in exchange for a ride to town?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oooh...so this is what PAP called the first world cuntry moving towards cashless society like no others in the world. Time to plant some chillies at home and see if I can trade it with something from my neighbour. Will smrt take my chillies in exchange for a ride to town?

Chillies do not grow well in balconies of flats.. etc.., they need a ground, with sun, rains etc..

do not believe me..try!!

yoour neighbour would not mind bartering your 40" Samsung LED TV with you?!:biggrin:

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct boh kah buay tua han........your father moe lan yong....that why your mother have to be kan my me to provide food for you..... he he he ....:biggrin:

Asshole TLLM cannot tahan all my assing here have to create some many nicks to take on Uncle me.

Tsk! Tsk! :o

Bend down on all fours to be ass hard once again by your nemesis!

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asshole TLLM got his mouth full of shit, so many nicks but just got 2 hands to type, so got use meh? :biggrin:

More nicks does not make you more good leh, stupid idiot asshole pussy face dick head limpy cock si ki na TLLM!?!

Plus Uncle me can take you down with just my V nick!

Bend down now for more assing thru the day!?! I very free today, see you once, tiu you once!

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
TLLM asshole mouth pussy face dick head prostitute mother pimp father si ki na retarded idiotic limpy cock gay boy...

Don't angry leh, Uncle never ass you that hard yet leh?!?

:p

Vendetta

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha asshole is the one that threaten to beat me up and the one to show :oIo: said I am angry woh.........

Assholecheng, hardly can assed me leh.......he he he....:biggrin:

Wahahahahaha! LOL!

TLLM si ki na asshole mouth pussy face dick head prostitute mother pimp father idiotic retarded spastic limpy cock gay boy!

Been waiting for your sorry ass to appear whole afternoon. Been sucking many many cocks and swallowed many many cum ehh? Not over yet for you!

On your knees, let me ass you good!?!

:p

Don't angry hor, the most I don't be so rough, ok?

Hehehehe! :biggrin: