• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok's Airport have Hidden Bombs During Opposition Occupation? What If?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

What if during this opposition occupation of Bangkok's airports, muslim extremists hide bombs in and around the highest security areas?

What if this bombs were loaded onto commercial planes when airport reopens?

Theoritically speaking, if a proper security sweep is not done after the opposition leaves, any plane that lands in Bangkok's 2 occupied airports is open to grave danger.

I am sure there are Muslim extremelists (from southern thailand) joining the anti-govt protests. I am sure the opposition leaders dont care two hoots. The more the merrier. All this whilst Bangkok grinds to a halt.

For the Nation? Nah, for the opposition self gains and whoever is behind supporting them lah!

[/
COLOR]

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thursday November 27, 2008 Enter your search terms Submit search form
Web www.bangkokpost.com

Post Bag

Absolutely outrageous

The PAD's taking over Suvarnabhumi airport is outrageous and completely out of line. Enough of this nonsense already! It is time to stop damaging our country.

Tell me, who is going to pay for the damages that will surely run into the billions of baht when you count all the cancellations of flights, hotel bookings and all tourist-related business?

Do the PAD leaders even care about the damage they are causing? Are they really Thai?

KRITAPOL SUNDARAVEJ

-----

Disgusted with the PAD

As a farang who has lived in Thailand for more than five years, I am disgusted with the actions of the People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD).

The PAD is destroying Thailand's economy, Thailand's democracy and Thailand's reputation overseas, as well as acting against every premise of its Buddhist religion.

The PAD's invasion of Suvarnabhumi Airport frightened innocent tourists and made them think that Thais are dangerous and uncivilised. How can the PAD possibly justify its actions as being necessary because it ''loves the country''?

As a farang who loves Thailand and the Thai people, and thinks of Thailand as my home, I say to the people from the PAD who were involved in this action: You should be ashamed of yourselves. I thought being Thai meant you were proud of your country and your religion, you were welcoming to foreigners, and you were a peaceful people.

This latest act by the PAD has made Thailand look ''Third World'' and unstable, and is sending a message to the world that Thailand is an unsafe place to be.

Initially, I was a supporter of the PAD. In recent months, I have come to the conclusion that the PAD is the worst thing that has happened to Thailand in many years. I hope right-minded Thais who are proud to be Thai and only want what's best for their country think so, too.

MICHELLE TOPHAM

-----

PAD has lost its way

It's been quite amazing for me to watch how the PAD devolved from a coordinated, effective force of protest to the equivalent of a whining schoolyard bully who realises he is no longer able to terrorise the other children.

I used to support the PAD _ I think Thaksin was and is an arrogant power-monger; Samak was an ignorant lout; and Somchai, the current PM, although seemingly benign, has undeniable links to the power-monger and the lout which cannot be ignored.

At any rate, government action in Thailand has been nearly non-existent over the past year _ have they even done anything except argue?

At any rate, somewhere along the way the PAD got lost. After several ''last stands'', changing goals, thuggish attacks and a mission statement that is anything but democratic, it is time for them to give up.

I dislike the People Power party as much as anyone else, but like it or not, the last two governments have only been in office because they won the vote. Thailand's nascent democracy may not be perfect but it has to start somewhere. Checks and balances are necessary, and the right to protest is a must _ but you need a clear goal and the support of the majority, both of which the PAD lost a long time ago.

We get it _ you don't like the government. Now go home and let us get back to work.

GREG JORGENSEN