• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Balls Shrinked! CS Bank Might Collapse!

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Swiss banks have been having problems since they decided break their 100 year old neutral position to freeze Russian assets. Swiss banks are hence fore fucked. Singapore is the new favourite place to keep money.

Why was there a bank run in US? Because US threatens to expose Chinese assets in US and freeze them if if depositors cannot proof their source of wealth is legit :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Swiss banks have been having problems since they decided break their 100 year old neutral position to freeze Russian assets. Swiss banks are hence fore fucked. Singapore is the new favourite place to keep money.

Why was there a bank run in US? Because US threatens to expose Chinese assets in US and freeze them if if depositors cannot proof their source of wealth is legit :rolleyes:

Go woke, get broke. :cool:

The supporters of Ukraine are almost always also believers of the anti-carbon cult, pushers of the proper usage of gender pronouns, advocates of LGBT and BLM etc. :biggrin:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
US threatens to expose Chinese assets in US and freeze them if if depositors cannot proof their source of wealth is legit :rolleyes:
The Chinks are even worse. Mark Mobius can't even withdraw his earnings out of China now and is going public on this issue. Several years ago when I had wanted to invest S$500k in his Templeton Korean Fund, I'd spoken with him before in his office in SUNTEC City Tower:

Investor Mark Mobius says he cannot get his money out of China​

By Reuters

Published 5:25 AM EST, Mon March 6, 2023

Mark Mobius, founding partner of Mobius Capital Partners, is photographed in Hong Kong in 2018.

Mark Mobius, founding partner of Mobius Capital Partners, is photographed in Hong Kong in 2018.
Justin Chin/Bloomberg/Getty Images

Mark Mobius has said he cannot take his money out of China due to the country’s capital controls, cautioning investors to be “very, very careful” about investing in an economy under a tight government grip.

“I have an account with HSBC in Shanghai. I can’t take my money out. The government is restricting flow of money out of the country,” Mobius, founder of Mobius Capital Partners, told FOX Business in an interview published on March 2.

A BYD Co. showroom in Shanghai, China, on Wednesday, Aug. 31, 2022.

Berkshire Hathaway: Warren Buffett further unwinds BYD investment in China

“I can’t get an explanation of why they’re doing this … They’re putting all kinds of barriers. They don’t say: No, you can’t get your money out. But they say: give us all the records from 20 years of how you made this money … This is crazy.”

Mobius’ comments were circulated on Chinese social media site WeChat at the weekend.

Mobius led emerging market investment at Franklin Templeton Investments for three decades and is known for his bullish view on China. Now, though, he said, he “would be very, very careful” investing in the country.

“The bottom line is that China is moving in a completely different direction than what Deng Xiaoping instituted when they started the big reform program,” he said, referring to the former Chinese leader.

Signage at the Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. offices in Beijing, China, on Tuesday, Jan. 17, 2023. Meme-stock investor Ryan Cohen has taken a stake in Alibaba and is pushing the e-commerce leader to buy back more of its shares, in a rare case of activism targeting a prominent Chinese firm.  Source: Bloomberg

China still wants to control Big Tech. It's just pulling different strings

“Now you have a government which is taking golden shares in companies all over China. That means they’re going to try to control all of these companies … So I don’t think it’s a very good picture when you see the government becoming more and more control-oriented in the economy.”

Mobius, who calls himself “the Indiana Jones of Emerging Market investing,” told FOX Business he’s increasing exposure to alternative markets such as India and Brazil.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2023/03/06/business/mark-mobius-china-capital-controls/index.html

No wonder he's now warning against those wanting to invest in China. My other client from Taiwan had invested and set up factories in Kunshan and Henan, manufacturing aluminium sport rims. The boss also has difficulties in transacting their earnings out of China. Eventually, he had no choice but to reinvest his earnings by setting up an instant noodle factory in China, which he had to start from scratch with no experience because it's not in their company's expertise. WTF?