• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bali Nasi Lemak at Geylang Lorong 15

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4eb74ab5.jpg

a79e255c.jpg

I've been eating this nasi lemak for ages but recently become a MUST go if I'm nearby Geylang. Part of the reason is I cant resist their fried chicken and their Petai (Smelly beans) dish. The rice are fragrant and the chillies are more water based, less dried shrimp flavour compared with Punggol Nasi Lemak, but it blends well with the rice.

You have around 10+ dishes to choose from, the basic fried fish, anchovies and peanuts are ok, the curry vege and chicken looks good though I never try before.

Overall it is one of the best Nasi lemak (Chinese version) I've eaten so far, it is definitely better than Amoy hawker centre Nasi lemak. However, the only downside here is that it is expensive, sometimes more expensive than Punggol. Worth to try.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Managed by PRC?

Won't be surprised. I had the Gadohjian rice at Kitchener Road 2 months ago. I was surprised that the ones serving and cooking are PRCs and the taokay now sit behind a desk collecting money. The service was bad already when it was managed by locals, the service and quality now totally compromised.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I seldom eat there nowadays, i once saw them cleaning their chicken wings on the kitchen floor and the floor was full of black stain. I never eat their wings again.

Won't be surprised. I had the Gadohjian rice at Kitchener Road 2 months ago. I was surprised that the ones serving and cooking are PRCs and the taokay now sit behind a desk collecting money. The service was bad already when it was managed by locals, the service and quality now totally compromised.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I seldom eat there nowadays, i once saw them cleaning their chicken wings on the kitchen floor and the floor was full of black stain. I never eat their wings again.

Wao lau eh....... is it the stall bro ak recommend?

No wonder chicken wings still got a lot left:biggrin:

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Sometimes its best not to know where the food comes from. My parents still go there occasionally and i ask them to dabao for me sometimes. After my last visit there, i don't think i want to bother with their food anymore. It's not as good as it used to be

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This place IMHO only so-so....nothing special.
Dun remember them being exoensive...Surprised that got anyplace more expensive than ponggol.
Nasi Lemak sold by Chinese can't be good la....must find Malay stall....is this a racist comment?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This place IMHO only so-so....nothing special.
Dun remember them being exoensive...Surprised that got anyplace more expensive than ponggol.
Nasi Lemak sold by Chinese can't be good la....must find Malay stall....is this a racist comment?

You know AK taste in women, then u know hi taste in food lah. KNN this AK. Im now standing in front ofts coffeeshop and its CLOSED!

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. ak, no offence.
2. honest, there is no such thing as nasi lemak on bali island or the either indon hoh!
3. nasi padang ok!

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

It isn't until 6 months ago when there was a big price hike, saw some new faces, could be under new owner?

Anyway the service has always been bad, the food was good and price is reasonable. But now after the price hike I don't go there anymore.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It isn't until 6 months ago when there was a big price hike, saw some new faces, could be under new owner?

Anyway the service has always been bad, the food was good and price is reasonable. But now after the price hike I don't go there anymore.
Sorry guys if you had some bad experience with this shop, but they quite well know in that place, I personally find it is one of the best nasi lemak I've eaten though it is expensive.

And yeah, the helpers are PRCs, the old woman is the boss who keeps nagging at them. Hahaha

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
why not ah? That process is to enhance flavour leh....nothing unusual.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Neh seems to be enjoying his nasi lemak.

Where you find good food, you'll also find good fucks.

The two F&B industries are mutually dependent on each other.

F&B no.1: Food & Beverage
F&B no.2: Fuck & Blow

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
nasi-lemak.jpg

This is what Nasi Lemak should look like. That crap u are eating at Bali is more like Nasi Padang to me. This thread has been started by someone before waxing lyrical about their favourite so call nasi lemak store. Its supposed to be cheap inexpensive food. Coconut Rice, peanuts, some chilli sambal, ikan bilis or ikan tamban, cucumber, and egg fried or boiled all wrapped in banana leaf. Anything else is NOT CALL NASI LEMAK. U can call it some other shit, but not nasi lemak. What u are eating there in no way shape or form resembles traditional Nasi Lemak. Are u from China?

jw5

Loyal
Anybody ever crossed the small road to try the teochew porridge there?
Haven't been there for some time, the last time I went, they changed the recipe for the chilli.
Became more saltish and less spicy/sour, suspect prc involvement in the new recipe.