• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AssBAss Slows Bus Down to Make More Profit!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 02 Sep 2009
SBS bus moves at snail's pace: Supervisor and driver say that's normal

sbs_bus_moves_at_snails_pace-thumbnail

STOMPer SBS Passenger is frustrated with the slow speed of a bus that she was on. When the STOMPer questioned the supervisor, he said that it was normal for drivers to slow down so that they can reach the terminal at the designated time.

In the STOMPer's email dated Sep 2:

"It was Friday, Aug 21. I waited for service 272 for a long time and time was running out for my appointment.

"When finally the bus arrived the driver drove so slowly till the traffic light turned red. The situation got worse by the minute with her driving so slowly, finally when she reached the last stop before entering the terminus she drove to the side of the bus bay and coolly parked the bus. This really infuriated me.

"When I questioned her, she explained that her time was not up yet. She was annoyed when I asked her whether passengers had to wait for her timing.

"I speak to the supervisor at the terminal and what a shock it was to me.

"He was obnoxious, rude and sarcastic and his body language really ticked me off.

"He had the cheek to say that it's normal for them to take time to drive slowly to meet their target time and when I told him not to be so rude he sarcastically said 'thank you' and embarrassed me before his subordinates.

"When I contacted SBS they did not get back to me until I made a 2nd call after 5 days. Both times the customer officer said that the supervisor on duty should apologise to me personally for being rude and embarassing me.

"What's all this talk about respect for bus captains when they don't respect us commuters. I need the supervisor to convey his apology to me personally, not a third party.

"Does anyone else face this problem of bus drivers stalling for time?"

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
This has becoming a norm. It's a shame.

Is it the driver fault, the lacking of controls at bus station, the planners fault or THE LACK OF COMPETITION ?

With the implementation of full day bus lane, didn't it allows them to regulate their time better?

My experience tells me nothing has change, only more fines for other motorist and fares going up.:mad:

World class transport?, my foot!

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
This has becoming a norm. It's a shame.

Is it the driver fault, the lacking of controls at bus station, the planners fault or THE LACK OF COMPETITION ?

With the implementation of full day bus lane, didn't it allows them to regulate their time better?

My experience tells me nothing has change, only more fines for other motorist and fares going up.:mad:

World class transport?, my foot!

its Not the drivers' fault. its how their KPIs are constructed by SBS. poor management, rather than poor drivers. KPIs are the BANE of singapore society.

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public transport confirm shitty one la! A foreigner friend once commented that Singapore buses jerk alot while traveling. She added that such bus drivers would have been fired from UK where she comes from! See?! Ang Mors got standard hor!

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Public transport confirm shitty one la! A foreigner friend once commented that Singapore buses jerk alot while traveling. She added that such bus drivers would have been fired from UK where she comes from! See?! Ang Mors got standard hor!

that's coz its part of their management policy to act upon customers complaints against drivers.

here, there is no such management policy.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot blame bus drivers, they are just workers. Blame the Shareholders, Management and controllers, who only look at $$$.

Public transport is just a label - They look at Profit first! Wat "go green", take public transport! Bring down the fares, people will take them naturally.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with the TS, fucking frustrated when you see the driver purposely slow down when it is a green light, he is hoping for to turn amble and red. He needs to slow down as he is ahead on schedule. Sometimes, the driver will even go into bus stop, when there is no one boarding or alighting.

My question is, is this fair to the passengers on board ?

Why cant the driver drive "normally", and a normal speed.

There should be a device installed on the bus, to monitor the speed, if it exists a limit, the controls should monitor all this !!

By the way, do you see CC Camera on some of the buses, I wonder are they working.... just curious

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>My question is, is this fair to the passengers on board ?

Why cant the driver drive "normally", and a normal speed.<<<

The problem lies in the CCB insatiably Familee-controlled AssBAss not having enough buses to cater to demand, so that they need to space the buses like say 45 min - 1hr apart.

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Has to be FT drivers with their half past six driving skills right? But then Shitty Times swift response will be that locals don't want the job. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has to be FT drivers with their half past six driving skills right? But then Shitty Times swift response will be that locals don't want the job. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

who wants to drive a bus for less than 2k a month when it costs 300k for a pigeon hole in sembawang?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
No use complaining. They have to keep to their time schedules.

If the drivers drove too fast, people say the bus drivers are reckless...blah blah blah.

Now, when bus drivers are more careful and hence slow down, complain also take place.

So then what is the perfect solution?

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the drivers drove too fast, people say the bus drivers are reckless...blah blah blah.

Now, when bus drivers are more careful and hence slow down, complain also take place.

So then what is the perfect solution?

I believe the complaints received from commuters were that 2 buses of the service no. arriving at the same time due to 1 driver driving too fast & the other too slow.