• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AssBAss: Long Wait OK Cos Bus Fare is Low Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Bus waits for passenger - then driver turns rude
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->ON JUNE 19 at about 3.55pm, my friend and I were walking towards the bus stop opposite Tiong Bahru Plaza and saw service 123 (SBS 2732J) in the bus bay. My friend told me to run as the waiting time for the next bus would be quite long. So I ran, caught the bus and gestured to my friend to hurry as we did not want to delay fellow passengers. My friend tried her best and it was 20 seconds of waiting time at most.
While boarding the bus, we were grateful that the bus driver had waited so we showed our appreciation by thanking him. Instead of moving off, he snapped at me and said there were of plenty of 123s coming along. I replied politely that the waiting time for the next service 123 was quite long. He then said sarcastically: 'You're only paying 60 cents, you can't expect royal service.'
I understand that buses can be caught up in traffic and this explains the long waiting time. What I cannot tolerate is the attitude of the bus driver. I did not expect 'royal service', as I even thanked him, but I do expect at least basic courtesy.
One of the seven core beliefs of SBS Transit is: 'Treat people with fairness and respect', but what I experienced that day was definitely not that. My friend and I were treated in a rude and sarcastic manner.
SBS Transit has always had a good reputation and is customer service-oriented. I hope this will continue, especially with ongoing and upcoming major events, when foreigners from around the world use our public transport.
Alvin Gan