• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AssBAss Heck Care Elderly! Only Money, Money, Money!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Concern over design of new SBS buses
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->AS A member of the public, I wish to express my concern on the new design of SBS Transit buses.
I noticed that SBS rolled out a series of new buses with more space at the front, with a high platform in the middle before one gets to one's seat. The front has limited seats for about five people.
This may be economically viable as the bus can take more standing passengers. However, with an ageing population, I think it is unsafe for an elderly passenger who does not manage to get a seat at the front to move to the back to find a seat. He would have to climb over the high platform, which presents problems for those with knee problems and joint pain.
I am not sure if the large space at the front of the bus was meant to cater to wheelchair-bound passengers. Perhaps SBS could assign a wheelchair space behind the driver's seat and have more seats at the front.
I also wish to raise concern over the digital display of bus numbers that appear smaller and not clearly visible, especially at night, even to a young passenger like myself. Mercy Teo (Ms)

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have Mercy, Ms Teo.

But Kuan Yew is the opposite of Kuan Yin. He is God of No-Mercy.

Why would he care about elderly peasants? He is Emperor of Singapore!