• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are you a frog???

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to what she said, most of us are considered frog???

Intellectual Snob riles netizens

20090629.092408_cyber.jpg

A BLOGGER who is taunting her readers with bigoted comments about students here is causing a stir in the online community.

The blogger, who calls herself Intellectual Snob, described Singaporeans educated here as 'frogs in the well', compared to those of her ilk.

She claims to be from Raffles Girls' School and Hwa Chong Junior College, before furthering her education at prestigious Ivy League colleges, Yale and Harvard.

She apparently spares no efforts in blasting students here as 'stupid', 'unsophisticated', 'annoying' and 'provincial'.

In a strongly-worded post, she wrote: 'There is no directive on paper restricting frogs from being appointed in analysts, economists and trading roles.

But the competition is just so cut-throat that these frogs simply don't stand a chance.'

The blog has drawn hundreds of comments and generated furious online discussion in various forums, such as Stomp, AsiaOne and fuckwarezone.

Administrative executive Michael Tan, 29, said: 'It's quite unbelievable how someone who is supposed to be so educated can fail when it comes to being considerate and thoughtful.'

A blogger, who calls himself Anything That Interests Me, wrote: 'Just because I am from the National University of Singapore means that I am not clever? This is a vacuous statement, and I can't believe that woman can hold that belief.'

However, the identity of Intellectual Snob remains a mystery.

In response to my paper's queries, Yale said that it is not possible to pin down her identity while Hwa Chong Institution said it was 'unable to ascertain if the anonymous blogger is indeed from the purported institutions'.

There were those who doubt she is who she claimed to be.

A civil servant, who held an overseas government scholarship, said: 'Someone who has sufficient smarts should know that if senior management or even colleagues in the government organisation that she's working in find out her true identity, it is likely to jeopardise her career or, at the very least, make it less comfortable for her at her workplace.'

It could well be someone who is not a scholar but 'dislikes such overconfident scholars and parodies the stereotype', she added.

Leegimeremover

Alfrescian
Loyal
Intellectual Snob is so right.

"A civil servant, who held an overseas government scholarship, said: 'Someone who has sufficient smarts should know that if senior management or even colleagues in the government organisation that she's working in find out her true identity, it is likely to jeopardise her career or, at the very least, make it less comfortable for her at her workplace.'"
It could well be someone who is not a scholar but 'dislikes such overconfident scholars and parodies the stereotype', she added.

=> Attempted damage control to protect the bureaucratic elite. So typical of them to believe that other people cannot get better unbonded scholarships on their own merit when they study overseas. PAP scholars are not the brightest nor anything at all. Everyone knows that a rubber stamper with no real world experience is mediocre shit with a lot of arrogance.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a "FROG IN THE WELL"...spawn of the 66.6% 'frogs'....whose vision is vertical & circular!

kensington

Alfrescian
Loyal
“Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”-drrafick