• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Are vendors allowed to adjust prices of chilled drinks?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Are vendors allowed to adjust prices of chilled drinks?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->RECENTLY, I visited FairPrice in Toa Payoh Central to get a drink to quench my thirst. I grabbed a bottle of soft drink from the chilled shelves and went to the cashier to pay $1.30. However, the cashier told me I had to pay an additional 15 cents. When asked why, she said it was because the drink was chilled.
Puzzled, I went back to the shelves to check if there was any sign to inform customers of the price difference. To my surprise, there was.
I encountered the same thing at a void-deck provision shop in Bedok Reservoir Road. A 1.5 litre bottle of Coca-Cola cost $2, but I was charged an additional 30 cents for a chilled one.
This surprised me even more. A convenience store charges 15 cents extra for chilled drinks, but a provision shop charges 30 cents.
The vendor told me this was the practice in most provision shops. However, checks with other provisions shops revealed that their price remains at $2 for a 1.5 litre bottle of Coca-Cola, chilled or not.
My question is, do vendors have a right to adjust their prices? Do the authorities provide price guidelines for them to follow? From which authority can consumers seek advice on this? Muhamad Noorhafiz Ibrahim

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Are vendors allowed to adjust prices of chilled drinks?
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->RECENTLY, I visited FairPrice in Toa Payoh Central to get a drink to quench my thirst. I grabbed a bottle of soft drink from the chilled shelves and went to the cashier to pay $1.30. However, the cashier told me I had to pay an additional 15 cents. When asked why, she said it was because the drink was chilled.
Puzzled, I went back to the shelves to check if there was any sign to inform customers of the price difference. To my surprise, there was.
I encountered the same thing at a void-deck provision shop in Bedok Reservoir Road. A 1.5 litre bottle of Coca-Cola cost $2, but I was charged an additional 30 cents for a chilled one.
This surprised me even more. A convenience store charges 15 cents extra for chilled drinks, but a provision shop charges 30 cents.
The vendor told me this was the practice in most provision shops. However, checks with other provisions shops revealed that their price remains at $2 for a 1.5 litre bottle of Coca-Cola, chilled or not.
My question is, do vendors have a right to adjust their prices? Do the authorities provide price guidelines for them to follow? From which authority can consumers seek advice on this? Muhamad Noorhafiz Ibrahim

if the goverment can suka suka increase GST , and rental price for retail can suka suka increase . then why cant vendors ? :confused: . moral of the story , make more money and stop kpkb .

Last edited:

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last I checked, refrigerators didn't run off hamsters on running wheels.

If you are so eager for a chilled drink, take an unchilled one, stick it in the frozen meat section chillers for 5 minutes, and argue your case with the cashier.