• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Apple's QC Getting More Fcuked Up!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Stuck with pixel and Apple's abysmal exchange policy
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I RECENTLY bought a 13-inch Mac Book Pro on Apple's Online Store. Imagine my chagrin and dismay when I realised that the LCD screen contained a stuck pixel.
But worse was to come. When I went to Apple's headquarters in Ang Mo Kio, the customer support officer told me in a matter-of-fact tone that less than six stuck pixels did not warrant exchange or free repair. Changing the LCD at my own expense would cost more than $1,000. I had bought my Mac for $1,848.
My reaction to this was shock and outrage. If I had bought a laptop from any bricks-and-mortar shop, I would have checked the LCD screen before purchase, and rejected any laptop with even one stuck pixel. Users who have encountered this problem will agree even one stuck pixel is an eyesore.
I have trawled the online forums regarding this problem, and I can say in no uncertain terms that the discontent and unhappiness over its no-exchange policy on this is plainly plastered over almost every forum I see.
I hope Apple has the good sense to reverse its abysmal exchange policy.
Ng Shuojie

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think all brands have this policy so it's better to turn it on and check for dead pixels before u pay and leave...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go see a lawyer, pay about $200 to write a letter to Apple demanding a replacement failing which you would sue. One dead pixel is not acceptable. Alternatively, call the PA of the regional boss and make an appointment.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Stuck with pixel and Apple's abysmal exchange policy
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I RECENTLY bought a 13-inch Mac Book Pro on Apple's Online Store. Imagine my chagrin and dismay when I realised that the LCD screen contained a stuck pixel.
But worse was to come. When I went to Apple's headquarters in Ang Mo Kio, the customer support officer told me in a matter-of-fact tone that less than six stuck pixels did not warrant exchange or free repair. Changing the LCD at my own expense would cost more than $1,000. I had bought my Mac for $1,848.
My reaction to this was shock and outrage. If I had bought a laptop from any bricks-and-mortar shop, I would have checked the LCD screen before purchase, and rejected any laptop with even one stuck pixel. Users who have encountered this problem will agree even one stuck pixel is an eyesore.
I have trawled the online forums regarding this problem, and I can say in no uncertain terms that the discontent and unhappiness over its no-exchange policy on this is plainly plastered over almost every forum I see.
I hope Apple has the good sense to reverse its abysmal exchange policy.
Ng Shuojie

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is standard industry practice leh. If every manufacturer change your LCD due to 1 pixel, then no need to do biz liao.

There are just some things ppl shouldn't buy over the internet without checking personally.

Ripley

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object id="FiveminPlayer" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" height="450" width="560">

<embed name="FiveminPlayer" src="http://www.5min.com/Embeded/39016214/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="450" width="560"></object>

How to Fix a Stuck Pixel on an LCD Monitor

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 dead pixel also is a dead pixel what! Why must have at least 6 then can exchange? :mad:

I think only Phillips has a guarantees on zero faulty pixels on SOME of their desktop monitor models.

Making perfect panels is more expensive I don't think people would pay :smile:
There are hundres of thousands of pixels in a laptop screen :eek:

More important is where the pixels are located. If its at the centre of the screen, it can be very annoying. The customer can bring that up with Apple as a customer satisfaction issue & not technical issue :rolleyes: