• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Apple, SingTel should alert iPhone users to moisture problem

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Apple, SingTel should alert iPhone users to moisture problem
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I REFER to last Friday's letter, "Are iPhones ill-equipped for humid climates like Singapore's?" by Mr Coen Dingemans.
I too have an iPhone and what I have learnt is that there is a small moisture strip located inside the earphone jack. What both Apple and SingTel won't tell you is that if the strip turns blue, it means that moisture has gone into the phone, thereby rendering the warranty useless.
Unless the earjack is covered, keeping the phone in your pocket increases the chances that moisture from sweat will enter the earjack piece.
I feel that both Apple Singapore and SingTel should alert customers who buy iPhones to how the warranty can be rendered useless by something as simple as moisture. Todd Beltz

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid todd

you think this is bloody western uncivilised country where consumer so weak that even things like "iron must not be used on clothes when worn by person" must be stated

only deluded pinkerton loves you, go home go home don't harm the quality of our human stock