• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone taken a A380 flight?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its been awhile since the A380 entered service. For those who have taken a A380. care to share your experience? How does it compare to taking a 747 :confused:

Curious if economy passengers are given more room, boarding/disembarkation time, etc.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No idea about the economy class, took a Business class flight to Sydney. The seats were huge. When fully opened up, the seats are flat with enough leg room for you to sleep with your legs supported by the foot rest. The screen was alos a lot bigger then the standard ones. Even the toilet is a bit bigger then the planes I've been on. The rest of the stuff like meals and amenities are pretty standard.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
No idea about the economy class, took a Business class flight to Sydney. The seats were huge. When fully opened up, the seats are flat with enough leg room for you to sleep with your legs supported by the foot rest. The screen was alos a lot bigger then the standard ones. Even the toilet is a bit bigger then the planes I've been on. The rest of the stuff like meals and amenities are pretty standard.

are there places for you to roam around?

plane as noisy like 747?

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roam around? Not that I know of. I think the concept of having those bars or whatever were not implemented on SIA planes or at least no on Biz class.

As for noise level, I really cant remember enough to comment on this. I cant recall how noisy 747 and I took the flight 6mths back, cant really remember the noise level since I've travelled a couple of times since then. I also had the headphones on most of the time, the biz class headphones cover the entire ear so U barely hear anything with it on.

Pretty expensive tix though. The A380 is a bit more exp then most other flights. The round trip cost around $5k. Good thing I wasnt the one paying

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No idea about the economy class, took a Business class flight to Sydney. .

I'm more curious about the economy experience. Whether there's any benefit compared to 747. For personal travel I fly economy class & wonder if theres something better than EVA Air 747 seats for those long trans Pacific flights.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I took the one from London to Sin. There are two levels of economy. I took the lower deck. Space not much different from 777, maybe an inch of two for the your leg. The only difference is the noise level, it is very confortable and smooth. Thats all...

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I took the A380 last weekend. The key is to get on the upper deck. The main deck is incredibly crowded. I was squeezed next to a large Aussie and had deep cramps through the flight apart from the times I had to get up to let him out....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The key is to get on the upper deck. The main deck is incredibly crowded. I was squeezed next to a large Aussie and had deep cramps through the flight apart from the times I had to get up to let him out....

Do you pay more for lower &/or upper deck?

How much earlier did you have to check-in for luggage, immigration etc.

If you had a choice between 747 & A380, which one would you pick?

TIA

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only difference is the noise level, it is very confortable and smooth. Thats all...

I'm not bothered by the noise of the 747. On trans pacific flights I like to walk the aisles to pass the time.

From the PR I thought there was much more room available. I guess they have opted to put in more passengers.