• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone Remember This Case?

jw5

Loyal
I can't remember the details but I'm hoping someone can or at least can direct us to the past news report.

A few guys were sitting at a hdb void deck making quite a bit of noise late at night, when one guy went to them and told them to keep quiet or something to that effect. I can't remember whether it was reported what he said or how he said it. He was beaten up by the few guys and died from his injuries.
I think the guys were sentenced to a few years jail, not more than 5 if I recall.

Whatever transpired between the men on that fateful night, it's my honest opinion, that if he didn't strike the first blow or behaved unduly aggressively towards those guys, he didn't deserve to be beaten up. And if he was beaten up and died from the injuries, the punishment for the perpetuators should have been much more severe.

Any recollections or comments?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't recall such a case, but based on what you narrated, I think that the case was downgraded from murder or manslaughter to rash act causing death.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
no impression for tis case, but i think that he should call police for such noise pollution, some people r just too easy to get offended and bully due to their bigger group..