• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone know of any organization who help filipino maid?

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone know of any organisation which help Filipino maid?

Some filipino maid wanna resign and go back home to visit her dying lao bei (father), but her employer don't let her go. So, I just wanna direct her to any volunteer group who help filipino maid.

Anyone know of any website link, name, or contact number of organization which help Filipino maid?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some filipino maid wanna resign and go back home to visit her dying lao bei (father), but her employer don't let her go. So, I just wanna direct her to any volunteer group who help filipino maid.

Anyone know of any website link, name, or contact number of organization which help Filipino maid?
Tell her to call any Filipino friend that she knows who goes to a Catholic church regularly. They will put her in touch with the appropriate contact.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the maid got problems kena mistreated/abuse/molest/rape, just call 999

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some filipino maid wanna resign and go back home to visit her dying lao bei (father), but her employer don't let her go.

Hope what you have been told is true. Not to say that this maid may be lying, but there are some maids who are offered work in HK will try to weasel out of a contract in Singapore by claiming lao bei or lao boo dying.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope what you have been told is true. Not to say that this maid may be lying, but there are some maids who are offered work in HK will try to weasel out of a contract in Singapore by claiming lao bei or lao boo dying.

Quite true. Whether they are Catholic, Muslim or Buddhist - they will lie outright just to keep their life going. That is human nature - god given.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

What you said is true. Not saying that people in singapore is without compassion. But if the maid goes back and a replacement is needed, the maid agencies think they wouldn't give any refund or whatsoever. The bond money or other maid issues, quite complicated. Anyway I don't have a maid, so can't comment much.

However if hers is a genuine case, she should go to the Phillippines embassy.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to say that this maid may be lying, but there are some maids who are offered work in HK will try to weasel out of a contract in Singapore by claiming lao bei or lao boo dying.

Maid in Spore = NS? :p

Can understand if they want to leave for better pay, but impossible lah where else to find worker paradise like Spore :rolleyes:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maid in Spore = NS? :p

Can understand if they want to leave for better pay, but impossible lah where else to find worker paradise like Spore :rolleyes:

No, being a maid in S'pore is not equal to NS. It's just that we do not have the other side of the story from the employer. I am not trying to be judgmental but just offer an advice of caution because breaking of contract by maids for another job has happened before. They know that in doing so, they will take a hit economically (as any employee under contract will know) so an excuse used often is to return home to see to a sick parent.

Of course, if the case is genuine, the employer has to do the right thing by allowing her to return home. This is being humane.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you said is true. Not saying that people in singapore is without compassion. But if the maid goes back and a replacement is needed, the maid agencies think they wouldn't give any refund or whatsoever. The bond money or other maid issues, quite complicated. Anyway I don't have a maid, so can't comment much.

However if hers is a genuine case, she should go to the Phillippines embassy.

Agree with you. Also, we do not know the employer's side of the story.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite true. Whether they are Catholic, Muslim or Buddhist - they will lie outright just to keep their life going. That is human nature - god given.

We do not know with just the information provided whether the situation is genuine or not. I would not want to be judgemental on this based on one side to the story.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course, if the case is genuine, the employer has to do the right thing by allowing her to return home. This is being humane.

Many Sporeans would do the right thing BUT for the army regulations lah :rolleyes: I mean gov't regulations.

Life in Spore very complicated thanks to our gov't. Got $$$considerations. I know a family who had to send the maid back even though she was a good maid just because she got pregnant. She lost her job, the family had to find a new maid, the bangla his jollies. No one but the bangla was happy :rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

did you watch the latest house. liar lies.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many Sporeans would do the right thing BUT for the army regulations lah :rolleyes: I mean gov't regulations.

Life in Spore very complicated thanks to our gov't. Got $$$considerations. I know a family who had to send the maid back even though she was a good maid just because she got pregnant. She lost her job, the family had to find a new maid, the bangla his jollies. No one but the bangla was happy :rolleyes:

I see what you mean about the regulations, but I doubt the employer would want to keep the pregnant maid even if there is no $$$ loss attached to it.

There was another case, I remember was in the news quite recently, of this employer who found out from a neighbour who lived opposite that their maid was bringing a bangla into the home quite frequently after 1:00 am when the rest of the household were asleep. The maid admitted to it after being questioned and she was packed home.

As you have said, the bangla is the one who is happy.