• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat any idea to increase RAM in PC

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
learning the rope.

quite interesting free open source and powerful some more.

way to go if you want to secure new job with this one. stay ahead of the pack, beat Ah Neh to it.

i think this type of coding require a good mathematical mind.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
isnt ram like 20 times faster than hard drive?if i want to use a hard drive as ram might as well use my internal hard drive.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is virtual RAM la / swap space.
Dun think you can create big virtual memory with an existing of physical RAM. Hope i wrong.

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Get rid of your 8GB (which I am guessing is 4GB+4GB), get two 8GB or two 16GB. Keep it all onboard, quicker access.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the architecture motherboard designed for 8G max only.

need a new 8G motherboard with each slot 8G ram total 32G.

it's going to be costly! 3D modelling requires at least 2 GB to 4 GB Video ram as well. after reading ram, my add-on video ram, then you may also want a new SSD for harddisk.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
access quick is not problem these days. More rams are needed to cater for some jobs that need big RAM space.

for example, to do sculpting in blender which created up to 16 million vertices in subdivision require huge RAM spaces.

There's no point having loads of RAM if it cannot be accessed quickly.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
true. very expensive to get into 3D modeling and require min 2G video ram too.

looking at least >$1K PC to just get it started.

it's going to be costly! 3D modelling requires at least 2 GB to 4 GB Video ram as well. after reading ram, my add-on video ram, then you may also want a new SSD for harddisk.