• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anwar to tour Malaysia to declare innocence

ArjanParangToh

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20111229_102928_afp_anwar.jpg

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim said yesterday that he will tour the country to declare his innocence ahead of the verdict of a sodomy trial he says was cooked up to bar him from coming polls.

Anwar, who heads the Parti Keadilan Rakyat and is the figurehead of a strengthening opposition alliance, will visit nine states in a whirlwind six-day tour beginning on Jan 3. The verdict is set for Jan 9.

"A lot of people pray that I would be acquitted. I will reiterate my innocence during the tour," he told AFP.

Once heir-apparent to former prime minister Mahathir Mohamad, Anwar, 64, has been fighting charges since June 2008 that he sodomised a former political aide.

Sodomy is illegal in Muslim- majority Malaysia and Anwar faces up to 20 years in prison if found guilty.