• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Tourist turned Carrot Head

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is speculated this report may be a smear job since the guy has been out of touch with SG for 10 years but know all about STOMP.

Back in S'pore after 10 years, cheated three times in one day

When STOMPer Christian came to Singapore 10 years ago as a tourist, he was impressed by the cleanliness and the orderliness of the country.

He was equally amazed by the standards of customer service and the quality of goods he purchased here.

However, this STOMPer who returned to Singapore recently, claims he was cheated thrice in a day by shop vendors who sold him inferior products.

A shocked Christian says:

“We are coming from Indonesia. 10 years ago, we came to Singapore and we saw that Singapore was a really clean and orderly country. Every shop we went to had friendly staff and offered low prices for quality goods.

“But what happened now? What happened to Singapore?

“March 2009, we came to Singapore and we saw rubbish everywhere. We saw vandalised walls and people jaywalking everywhere. People were even drunk in MRT stations.

“2 days ago (23 march 2009), we went to Sim Lim Square to buy electronic items.We bought a notebook computer from Firdouse Shop.

“The first unit they gave us was not working and the box was opened. Then they told us to pay first while they went to take another unit.

“The second unit they gave us was also not sealed and had scratches which proved to us that it was not a new unit. The touchpad did not work either when we tested it.

“We were told to go to the service centre to fix the problem, even though we had just purchased the computer. Super bad management!

“Then, we bought a USB Mouse for S$11 in the same day and that didn’t work either! We can’t claim for the unit because the mouse has no warranty. Super bad day right?

"Then we bought a digital camera for S$535 from Vision 1 shop. When we went back home and checked in the Internet, we realised that the camera was only worth S$220! Moreover, when we used the camera, there was a big red spot in its CCD.

“You can’t see it on the screen, but if you transfer to a PC, then you’ll see a big red spot. Super high price for a super low camera and also with a bonus big red spot!

“Cheated three times in a single day. As tourists we are really disappointed! If every tourist has this experience, then there will be no more tourists coming to Singapore."

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look like Mr Christian's god had left him for good.....he should consult a medium or bomoh to chase away his bad luck.....:biggrin:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Business is tough, if there is a carrot willing to be cut by me... pls don't blame me, as I give super good service!

Come, come, I need your money/sales to survive this downturn!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ofcos 10 yrs ago n now r 2 worlds apart ...

10 yrs ago, gst how much? ...
10 yrs ago, shop rental how much? ...
10 yrs ago, hdb property prices how much? ...

cum again 10 yrs later, dude! ...

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
ofcos 10 yrs ago n now r 2 worlds apart ...

10 yrs ago, gst how much? ...
10 yrs ago, shop rental how much? ...
10 yrs ago, hdb property prices how much? ...

cum again 10 yrs later, dude! ...

even local will also kana chop in sim lim.... i always be very careful when i shop there, check out few prices before i buy.... i used to buy from skylet, thing may not be the cheapest but i find the staffs there friendly.... but now it had closed shop........

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
if spore tourism depend on ah neh tourist like him who 10-year-come-1-time, we close shop liao..:biggrin:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahahahaha....Go Sim Lim to buy Electronics, no wonder kena chop. Sim Lim is the Newton Circus of Electronics!!!!!!

Never done price study and jump in straight away, sure kena left right and centre.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
even local will also kana chop in sim lim.... i always be very careful when i shop there, check out few prices before i buy.... i used to buy from skylet, thing may not be the cheapest but i find the staffs there friendly.... but now it had closed shop........

Skylet close, huh? May be the boss open under another name some where else in Sim Lim? They do this very often so to take in the goods without paying.

Anyway, my experience in Skylet is different from yours. I ever bought one set and tried out self assembly home. I found some problem then with the Harddisk and went back to ask the guy at the counter. Kaninabu this guy not interested to even check out what's my problem is, he is simply bochap.

I eventually found the solution by myself through the Internet.

Very bad service after you pay.

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Skylet close, huh? May be the boss open under another name some where else in Sim Lim? They do this very often so to take in the goods without paying.

Anyway, my experience in Skylet is different from yours. I ever bought one set and tried out self assembly home. I found some problem then with the Harddisk and went back to ask the guy at the counter. Kaninabu this guy not interested to even check out what's my problem is, he is simply bochap.

I eventually found the solution by myself through the Internet.

Very bad service after you pay.

sorry to hear that this happen to you....
i had been buying from them for almost 2 to 3 years..... or maybe more... maybe i m just lucky....

diversifyx2

Alfrescian
Loyal
U tourist come, i dont chop you, wait till when?? Sure chop until u drop one. Count urself unlucky lor.

You go mudland olso kena chop one.

You go indon olso kena chop chop two.

Citizen here olso kena chop chop chop three by the white.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
He deserve to be con cause he is so damn stupid. Electronic salesmen in Sim Lim all look like ah beng sitting outside their shop waiting for their preys. No one in the right mind would buy from them. And then why he pay up when he haven't test the product?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blme himself for being stupid since he know how to use internet. After buy then go back check the price should be the other way. Check/survey 1st before buy and also test 1st before make payment.
Long time never spend a single cents in SL. All are daylight robber waiting the victim to step in .

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talking about SLS sales pro-con, no change at all.
It is "OLD HABIT DIE HARD" for so many years.

From the looks "like you owe them money" on their faces, already half-sian to go into their store.

I noticed indians salesperson already upgraded themselves in long sleeve shirt and tie.

The only thing they still the same equally pro-con salesperson just like the rest.

Just extra careful, always test everything before make final purchases.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about SLS sales pro-con, no change at all.
It is "OLD HABIT DIE HARD" for so many years.

From the looks "like you owe them money" on their faces, already half-sian to go into their store.

I noticed indians salesperson already upgraded themselves in long sleeve shirt and tie.

The only thing they still the same equally pro-con salesperson just like the rest.

Just extra careful, always test everything before make final purchases.

Wah now they employ Ah Neh from India to do sales. That really change from bad to worst.

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah now they employ Ah Neh from India to do sales. That really change from bad to worst.

Overheard their sales approach with customer when I see-see look-look, they very "pro" leh, twist until one smart office dress middle-age man also almost gong-gong like tio khong-tao.:eek:

Dont pray-pray hor... :biggrin: :biggrin: