• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another $-Sucking AssMRT Bitch!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>March 8, 2009
WONDER WOMEN
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>Mum of two, an MBA student and CFO at 37
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
front-mswomen08.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Ms Lim Cheng Cheng's ability to multi-task was key to her rapid rise at SMRT. But she attributes her success to the opportunities she has been given. -- PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->Only 37 years old, Ms Lim Cheng Cheng is one of the youngest chief financial officers (CFOs) here.
Her ability to multi-task must have been a ticket to her rapid rise to that position at transport giant SMRT.
Apart from her work, she is doing a Master of Business Administration degree course part-time and also expecting a child.
Ms Lim, a mother of two, thinks nothing of this, saying: 'At certain times I wondered what I was doing to myself, but it was the decision I took and I didn't regret it.'
The Nanyang Technological University accountancy graduate's first job was with the then Price Waterhouse, where she audited banks and worked with many people in corporate finance.
'But I didn't want to be on the other side of finance looking in all the time. I wanted to be part of a company, making decisions and seeing them come to fruition,' she said.
She then joined Singapore Power, where she closed an A$2.1 billion (S$2 billion) deal, at the age of just 29.
'It was my first big deal and it felt fantastic,' she said, attributing her success to the opportunities she has been given and to her colleagues.
At Singapore Power, her boss always felt that age did not matter. 'He felt that even if you had not done something before, a smart person would be able to do it.'
This is the philosophy she applies to her work.
'If I look at young people in the company and see a bright spark, I'm happy to let him try.'
Melissa Sim

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>March 8, 2009
WONDER WOMEN
</TR><!-- headline one : start --><TR>High-flier speaks her mind
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
womanday4.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Ms Rachel Yeow, 36, manages a team of seven finance professionals. -- PHOTO: CAROLINE CHIA
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->She was made a vice-president at American Express at the age of 31, when all her peers in that banding were, on average, aged 44.
Ms Rachel Yeow, now 36, will be one of the speakers at a conference on Thursday to discuss the findings of an American Express study on gender diversity as part of International Women's Day.
Ms Yeow has never been afraid to speak her mind, even if she risked offending her senior colleagues. She recalled a time when she was a business analyst for an account, which was clearly not doing well. But at the end of the day, the sales team was still ranked as top performer.
She took this up with her general manager, who had a different point of view, causing her to walk out of the office to 'take a breather' when the discussion got too heated. 'The next day, I walked back to his office and told him that we were going to disagree, but that was okay.' In the end, the team's performance band was changed.
She felt that incident was a turning point in her career. 'It gave me the courage to not be afraid to confront someone if something was wrong.'
The Malaysian, who grew up in Australia and moved to Singapore for work about 10 years ago, admitted it was not easy being in top management, especially when it came to layoffs. 'It's heartbreaking. You get sleepless nights,' she said. But at the end of the day, it is a reality companies have to deal with. 'You just have to be genuine and not short-change people.'
And while she manages a team of seven finance professionals now, and supports a division of about 90, when she is at home, her husband is the boss. 'I'm fairly traditional. The man has a lead place at home,' she said. 'But my husband will probably say I'm the boss.'
Melissa Sim

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Notice Ms Lim only hiding behind GLC type company, how the hell auditor can make billion dollar singapore Power deal without any engineering knowledge? Right time right place that's all.