• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another minister criticse New AWARE team

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vivian Balahrisnan said AWARE committees must be representative of different religion, different segments of the population. He does not think it is right to allow this group of people (from the same church) to push their religious belief across on others to run an NGO and religion becomes the main reason in this civic society.

As such, as iimplied by him, we must agree that the new AWARE team, together with their fundamentalist christian belief, should be voted out in the coming EOGM on 2 May 2009 so that Singapore can be a more opened and integrated place to live in.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Vivian Balahrisnan said AWARE committees must be representative of different religion, different segments of the population. He does not think it is right to allow this group of people (from the same church) to push their religious belief across on others to run an NGO and religion becomes the main reason in this civic society. ...
ya, hor?! ...

aware muz form grc in their nex erection ...

do dey hv erections? ... :confused:

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vivian Balahrisnan said AWARE committees must be representative of different religion, different segments of the population. He does not think it is right to allow this group of people (from the same church) to push their religious belief across on others to run an NGO and religion becomes the main reason in this civic society.

As such, as iimplied by him, we must agree that the new AWARE team, together with their fundamentalist christian belief, should be voted out in the coming EOGM on 2 May 2009 so that Singapore can be a more opened and integrated place to live in.
Can you post the exact quote please? Thanks.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

What is Vivian Balahrisnan trying to say? He support gay and lesbian group in Singapore?

Yes Singapore can be a more opened and integrated place to live in, and if the PAP wants gays and lesbian group to integrate into Singapore, do it without blowing the trumpet and the horn rite?

I do not support gays or lesbian group but I do not want them to prompt their lifestyle to our children in the school.

Each one have their own lifestyle, if they want to be homosexual, let them do it in their private life, but dont go and blow the trumpet to inform the whole damn world.

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is Vivian Balahrisnan trying to say? He support gay and lesbian group in Singapore?

Yes Singapore can be a more opened and integrated place to live in, and if the PAP wants gays and lesbian group to integrate into Singapore, do it without blowing the trumpet and the horn rite?

I do not support gays or lesbian group but I do not want them to prompt their lifestyle to our children in the school.

Each one have their own lifestyle, if they want to be homosexual, let them do it in their private life, but dont go and blow the trumpet to inform the whole damn world.

And which part of the simple English in the opening paragraph did you not understand?

must be representative of different religion, different segments of the population. He does not think it is right to allow this group of people (from the same church) to push their religious belief across on others to run an NGO and religion becomes the main reason in this civic society.
He wasn't even making a stand for or against homosexuality. Don't blow up matters by reading while already having a conclusion as to what the other person is saying.

And again, the AWARE issue was not trumpeted by any homosexual groups. And FYI, they are not the ones blowing the trumpet right now, in case you are not exactly Mr. Current Affairs.

Please, remove your brain from the jar on your desk and back into your head before you post, lest some barbed remarks come your way again.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why are you so obsessed with homosexuality? Aware was never pro-gay, gay activists have never acted in concert or infiltrated Aware.

The only group with an agenda is Thiolibans and her Pussycats. It is not enough that Aware if gay-neutral, they want it to condemn gays with fire and brimstones from the Old Testament.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only group with an agenda is Thiolibans and her Pussycats. It is not enough that Aware if gay-neutral, they want it to condemn gays with fire and brimstones from the Old Testament.

Whether Aware is gay-neutral or gay-sympathizers need a real audit to flesh out the true picture. Assertions are just opinions which at this time are based not on facts but interpretations of facts.

As for Thio and the rest, i went to her church's website to see if they are breathing fire and brimstone. I am afraid that is your perception on the fire and brimstone part.

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you post the exact quote please? Thanks.

Govt won't interfere in AWARE saga
By S Ramesh/Cheryl Lim, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 26 April 2009 1900 hrs

SINGAPORE: The government has no intention of intervening in the saga involving AWARE (Association of Women for Action and Research).

Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, Vivian Balakrishnan, said this on the sidelines of his visit to Nee Soon South on Sunday.

But still, the minister feels that Singaporeans can learn some lessons from the AWARE saga.

The first is not to let a single issue hijack an organisation's agenda.

So it is important for organisations to keep religion above the fray of petty politics.

Lastly, Dr Balakrishnan said, if organisations want to make meaningful change to Singapore society, they must ensure representation from all segments which constitute the group.

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether Aware is gay-neutral or gay-sympathizers need a real audit to flesh out the true picture. Assertions are just opinions which at this time are based not on facts but interpretations of facts.

As for Thio and the rest, i went to her church's website to see if they are breathing fire and brimstone. I am afraid that is your perception on the fire and brimstone part.

Oh! You were hoping to read about COOS raining fire and brimstone on their website eh? I'm sorry you were disappointed. You might want to search on www.santa.com for the gifts Santa is going to drop into your house come Christmas to make you feel happier? How old did you say you were again?

And I am afraid your flair for understanding metaphorical references is very lacking.

Merlionrean

Alfrescian
Loyal

What are you going to do if your children turned out to be a gay or lesbian?

Blame it on the school or where else?

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt won't interfere in AWARE saga
By S Ramesh/Cheryl Lim, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 26 April 2009 1900 hrs

SINGAPORE: The government has no intention of intervening in the saga involving AWARE (Association of Women for Action and Research).

Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, Vivian Balakrishnan, said this on the sidelines of his visit to Nee Soon South on Sunday.

But still, the minister feels that Singaporeans can learn some lessons from the AWARE saga.

The first is not to let a single issue hijack an organisation's agenda.

So it is important for organisations to keep religion above the fray of petty politics.

Lastly, Dr Balakrishnan said, if organisations want to make meaningful change to Singapore society, they must ensure representation from all segments which constitute the group.

Thanks. This sound quite different from the what's claimed in post #1.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can anyone recall who fired the first salvo on the gay-issue linking to AWARE?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone recall who fired the first salvo on the gay-issue linking to AWARE?

ST made the first connection and they turned out to be right. What is wrong is that Thiolibans and her pussycats were mistaken, to say the least, to link homosexual activism with Aware.

What they essentially did was to create a strawman and try to beat the shit out of it. Thankfully, most Singaporeans are sharper than the sheeps in their church.

Aware was never a pro-gay organization (granted they are nowhere close to spreading the spite, hate and untruth the Thiolibans do about homosexuals). The evidence is just not there.

In any case, for the sake of the argument, EVEN if Aware are pro-gay (which they are NOT), so what? Thiolibans should just start another organization and fight their competing ideas.

Why the lies, stealth and deceit? That's hardly Christian values (or any decent human being values).

I think if someone made the statement that lesbians are all in pain and have been abused (both physically and sexually) by their fathers, that would be about the hottest fire and heaviest brimstones they can hurl at lesbians.

If anyone of you buy this perspective of the Thioliban, you are as sick and as consumed by an inexplicable hatred for homosexuals.

Last edited: