• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another I Don't Know! Ming Yi's salary....

Serpico

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like it's going to become an idiomatic Singaporeon answer, "I don't know", when faced with potentially embarrassing and difficult questions.

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
April 6, 2009
Didn't know Ming Yi's pay
By Carolyn Quek

Ming Yi (left), 47, is accused of falsifying a Ren Ci document, misappropriating the hospital's money and giving false information to the Commissioner of Charities in a document and and an oral statement. --ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

THE management committee of one of Singapore's largest charities did not know how much they were paying their chief executive.
They could have asked, admitted Ren Ci Hospital's long-time committee member Chan Ching Oi, but they did not.

Instead, they let its CEO and founder Ming Yi decide on what he deemed to be a 'fair' salary, Mrs Chan said on the witness stand on Monday while testifying on the third day of a criminal trial against the Buddhist monk.

Ming Yi, 47, is accused of falsifying a Ren Ci document, misappropriating the hospital's money and giving false information to the Commissioner of Charities in a document and and an oral statement.

This revelation of how little Ren Ci's management knew of its CEO's salary came up after Deputy Public Prosecutor David Chew quizzed Mrs Chan, 70, about a sudden jump in Ming Yi's salary in 2001 from $16,000 in May to $20,700 in June.

Mrs Chan, who has been Ren Ci's honorary secretary since it started in 1994, admitted that she did not know what Ming Yi's salary was and the management did not pry into it.

When questioned later by Ming Yi's lawyer, Senior Counsel Andre Yeap, Mrs Chan said the committee trusted Ming Yi would give himself a reasonable salary pegged to that of other hospital CEOs and also based on the scope of work undertaken by him for the hospital.

She agreed with Mr Yeap's point that Ming Yi sometimes donated part of his salary to the Foo Hai Ch'an monastery, where he was the abbot.

She also agreed that the committee could have asked how much Ming Yi was paid at any point in time. 'But we would not ask because we knew that he would not overcharge the hospital,' she said.

Mr Yeap also said Ming Yi had stopped drawing a salary from Ren Ci since sometime in 2005 until he was suspended from office in July last year, soon after he was arrested.

poore

Alfrescian
Loyal
win liao...

like this also can....

btw wat for a monk want such a big increase in salary?

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like it's going to become an idiomatic Singaporeon answer, "I don't know", when faced with potentially embarrassing and difficult questions.

If you have evidence that proves otherwise, show it. If not! keep the loudhailer that belongs to chee! carefully. Loudhailer chee is respected in this forum as he is quoted quite frequently here.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
win liao...

like this also can....

btw wat for a monk want such a big increase in salary?

As long as the MONKey can perform, death defying tricks to stimulate the masses & encourage them to open their wallets in the name of religion & charity, nobody cares if the MONKey is paid $1 to $1,000,000 a month.

This is call good goverence ( they have a governing board to approve !) & meritocracy!

Anyone ask who are the members of the board of governors? during the years when the MONKey was the star of the show?:rolleyes:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being a PAPee dog has its perks :p

2lvmutv.jpg

Serpico

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have evidence that proves otherwise, show it. If not! keep the loudhailer that belongs to chee! carefully. Loudhailer chee is respected in this forum as he is quoted quite frequently here.

Are you a dog masquerading as a human being? If that's the case, I have to tell you you have failed cause I can't make head or tail out of what you've posted! If you are like the so oft mentioned resident troll, please do your fellatio on other threads!

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
none profit organizations, charity organizations & many other empty shell companies r very lucrative businesses. they're like public listed companies without the need of having to produce comprehensive reports on their incomes.

when their monthly credits are inconsistant & their fixed costs r constant, there's plenty of room to play the number game on their balance sheets.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
A monk getting a salary??? This is the first time i heard of it. sure or not.

Not only a high salary, he is driving a mercedes and living in condo. Frequent traveling to other countries in ??? class and was spotted shopping at Taipei 101.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
many monks in thailand get pretty good allowances too, in case u havent noticed. sometimes for the wrong reasons.

no, i don't. I don't really pay much attention to them but i did offer an apple to them once while they will going for their alms in the early morning.

One thing i am not use to it is that they eat meat. I am really not used to monk eating meat. Well, that is Thai buddhist culture in its own fashion which i do not agree with.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, i don't. I don't really pay much attention to them but i did offer an apple to them once while they will going for their alms in the early morning.

One thing i am not use to it is that they eat meat. I am really not used to monk eating meat. Well, that is Thai buddhist culture in its own fashion which i do not agree with.
ever heard of the phrase 酒肉川肠过佛住心中留?? btw, monks do not demand what they're to be given, they accept what ppl offer them in humility. u give them alcohol, red meat, white meat, dog meat.... they will just accept it with graciousness.

technically, monks shouldnt even be involved in transactions. their observance of celibacy, abstain from worldly comforts & pleasures is to be virtually go back to basics. so, if u ever see a monk travelling in the comfort of transportation..... something's wrong about what he's been learning.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Living in this place need $$$, and $$$ is always not enough. First it was TT Durai, then Youth CEO, now the monk.

I suspect many charity groups are one way or another drawing extraordinary salary but just keep mum and not to provoke the public. Afterall public will not accept this kind of high pay especially the $$$ come from donation.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ever heard of the phrase 酒肉川肠过佛住心中留?? btw, monks do not demand what they're to be given, they accept what ppl offer them in humility. u give them alcohol, red meat, white meat, dog meat.... they will just accept it with graciousness.

technically, monks shouldnt even be involved in transactions. their observance of celibacy, abstain from worldly comforts & pleasures is to be virtually go back to basics. so, if u ever see a monk travelling in the comfort of transportation..... something's wrong about what he's been learning.

Yes. The monks should see the food as emptiness and will not have any attachment to it. But that is some level of development, have those monks achieved that level or on the way to achieved it sincerely?

I am not sure. Based on the current way that meat is produced, the is the purpose to kill for profit and consumption, by refraining from it will support their first Buddhist precept of non-killing.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
so thai monk eat meat u never fuck them and call them sinkies??:confused:

what a loser, CB Kia tonychat :oIo::oIo::oIo: