• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another Easy Kill in the coming election!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take out Dr. Teo!

Missing articles from ST and CNA on CDC 8-months bonus fiasco

Not sure why hor, but Straits Times and Channel NewsAsia no longer have the news articles about the Northwest CDC 8-months bonus outcry.

In case you are not aware of this, the outcry was over the fact that two staff from the Northwest Community Development Council (CDC) received bonuses of eight months last year, including the 13th month bonus.

In response to the fracas, Northwest CDC’s mayor, Dr Teo Ho Pin said, "If you ask me, I do not know the salaries; I do not know the bonuses of all my staff."

According to Dr Teo, bonuses and salaries of CDC staff are decided by the People’s Association (PA) and the Workforce Development Agency (WDA).

People's Association (PA) deputy chairman (and Minister in the PMO) Lim Boon Heng said, "I think we should not begrudge the few people who get very high bonuses."

The bonuses were paid in 2008, when the economy was said to be good until the last quarter.

The missing articles:

CNA: Northwest CDC mayor says PA, WDA decide on staff pay, bonuses (link to page is empty)
Straits Times: CDC bonuses explained (404 page)
The internet moves in mysterious ways, you know. But never mind, I have the PDF of the pages, in case you want to read them.

CNA: Northwest CDC mayor says PA, WDA decide on staff pay, bonuses (Yahoo CNA news PDF)
Straits Times: CDC bonuses explained (PDF of cached page)
The deleted ST piece can also be read in Google's cache.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apology if I have err, wasn't this Teo guy involved in the last elecetion at Nee soon over the temples thing?, in which they nearly lost the seat?, and LKY had to step in?:confused:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Take out Dr. Teo!

In response to the fracas, Northwest CDC’s mayor, Dr Teo Ho Pin said, "If you ask me, I do not know the salaries; I do not know the bonuses of all my staff."

Shit ! Now why did Obama think and say like Dr.Teo?How stupid of Obama.He said the buck stops here.And he is paid far less than any of our ministers.

There is a lesson here.

Pay the politician just enough and he would own up to his boo boos.Pay him more and he wants much more.So the buck stops at the lowest rank.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apology if I have err, wasn't this Teo guy involved in the last elecetion at Nee soon over the temples thing?, in which they nearly lost the seat?, and LKY had to step in?:confused:

That honor, I believe, goes to the foot(ball)-in-mouth Ho Peng Kee!