• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Angmo Chiobu Influencer Hospitalised ask for GoFundMe

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
British influencer is fighting ‘serious infection’ in Thai hospital as her father launches GoFundMe
By James Gant For Mailonline 17:10 BST 09 Apr 2019, updated 23:44 BST 09 Apr 2019
12059030-0-image-a-35_1554826279650.jpg

The family of a British influencer who has been stuck in with a 'serious infection' have pleaded for money to fund her return.
Rebekah Fulton is currently in a hospital in Phuket where she is fighting against a serious infection and is described as 'very ill.'
Now the 25-year-old's desperate father James Geddes, 48, has launched a £25,000 GoFundMe appeal to fly his stricken daughter home fearing she may have meningitis.
12057794-6903739-image-a-22_1554825089771.jpg

Rebekah Fulton is stuck in Thailand with a series infection. She is in a hospital in Phuket and has been described as 'very ill'
He flew out last Thursday after residents at a hostel in Ko Phi Phi Don called him to say she was gravely ill.
Ms Fulton was set to take up a manager job at the venue before falling ill.
She has been in the country on a non visitor visa but was just days away from getting a worker visa.
12057806-6903739-image-m-20_1554824994432.jpg

Her family have pleaded for money to get her home
Mr Geddes, 48, said: 'About two weeks ago, she developed an ear infection and I told her to go to the doctors.
'It then spread into her lymph glands under one of her arms and they became inflamed - it was huge.
'She went to the local clinic and they gave her antibiotics which clearly didn't work.'
After flying out on Friday, Mr Geddes made it over to Ko Phi Phi Don on Sunday morning by speedboat.
He said: 'I was on the island for ten minutes and I told the staff she had to go to hospital.
'I had to hire a speedboat to get her to Phuket and into a hospital.
'They're giving her antibiotics and she had a brain scan this afternoon.
'The hospital has said it's a very bad infection and her white cell count has more than doubled.
'They've said it might be meningitis or encephalitis, they don't know.
'It's difficult because of the language barrier but one of the nurses speaks very good English.'
12057796-6903739-image-a-25_1554825148677.jpg

Ms Fulton
12057804-6903739-image-a-24_1554825145659.jpg

Ms Fulton
Mr Geddes, of Barrhead, near Glasgow, is now raising £25,000 in order to get Ms Fulton as home as quickly as possible.
He said: 'I spoke to a company this morning and they said its a minimum of £20,000 for an assisted flight.
'In order to get it moving quickly, I've picked a figure out of the sky but medical repatriation is expensive.
12057790-6903739-image-a-38_1554826483924.jpg

Ms Fulton's GoFundMe page has so far raised more than £3,530. Mr Geddes said he picked the £25,000 figure 'out of the sky'
12057792-6903739-image-a-27_1554825445263.jpg

Her father James, from Barrhead, near Glasgow has opened a GoFundMe page to try to raise £25,000 to bring his daughter home. He said a minimum of £20,000 was needed for an assisted flight
12057810-6903739-image-m-44_1554826710134.jpg

The influencer takes a selfie on a bed
12057802-6903739-image-m-46_1554826726761.jpg

Ms Fulton on holiday
'But it's now got to the point today where I'm just looking at her in a hospital bed.
'She's 25 years old but she's still my girl. I'm looking at her in bed and I feel so helpless.
'I need her home.'
Keen traveller Ms Fulton has over 7,000 followers on Instagram and regularly shared updates of her adventures.
12057798-6903739-image-a-26_1554825209784.jpg

The keen backpacker and Instagram influencer has more than 7,000 followers on the social media site. She posts pictures of her paddle-boarding and sunbathing on her travels
She last shared a photo on March 18 of her silhouette against the sunset.
She captioned the photo to her 7,000 followers: 'I never met a sunset I didn't like. £happiness'
Other snaps show paddleboarding, sunbathing as well as basking in the sunshine.
She is originally from Paisley, in Renfrewshire, Scotland, but has been travelling for nearly five years.
Mr Geddes said: 'Rebekah got the travelling bug in 2015 when she was 21 years old and travelled abroad for the first time.
'She came back and told me she'd been offered a job out there, I couldn't believe it.
'Two weeks later, she told me she'd booked a flight and was going to travel there alone.
'Since then, she's been in Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia and Australia.'

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Meningitis is an infection of the meninges, the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord. Encephalitis is inflammation of the brain itself. Anyone can get encephalitis or meningitis. Causes of encephalitis and meningitis include viruses, bacteria, fungus, and parasites. Both medical conditions are potentially fatal.

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/All-Disorders/Meningitis-and-Encephalitis-Information-Page

Infections and other disorders affecting the brain and spinal cord can activate the immune system, which leads to inflammation. These diseases, and the resulting inflammation, can produce a wide range of symptoms, including fever, headache, seizures, and changes in behavior or confusion. In extreme cases, these can cause brain damage, stroke, and potentially death.

Inflammation of the meninges, the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord, is called meningitis; inflammation of the brain itself is called encephalitis. Myelitis refers to inflammation of the spinal cord. When both the brain and the spinal cord are involved, the condition is called encephalomyelitis.

https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders...Sheets/Meningitis-and-Encephalitis-Fact-Sheet