• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Moh: Why Propaganda Gathering More Important Than Students' Health?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>NDP Preview and H1N1 - MOE's conflicting messages about mass gatherings
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->RECENTLY, I received a letter from my son's school asking him to attend the National Day Parade (NDP) Preview tomorrow.
I was rather shocked that the Ministry of Education (MOE) has decided to go ahead with this event. When I checked with MOE why it was being held, I was told that 'it is an important national event for the students'. Yes, it is an important event and a lot of the Primary 5 pupils are keen to attend, but in the current climate of Influenza A (H1N1), is it an unnecessary risk?
It seems to contradict MOE's request to schools to avoid mass gatherings such as assemblies and talks, as this NDP gathering will outdo all others. Schools have diligently put in place measures such as staggered recess hours, cancelled co-curricular activities and extra classes, and for what purpose?
Later, another officer from the National Education Branch told me I should raise my concern with the school principal and the school will decide what to do. It seems to me that MOE decides, but the school bears the responsibility of answering to parents. Should this event take place, MOE should review if the measures put in place in schools are still necessary.
Would MOE care to comment on its rationale for going ahead with this event and how it will ensure that these thousands of students are not exposed to the virus?
Caroline David (Ms)

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Caroline David son attend and catches the H1N1 virus...it is money making...

1. It will cost you, if you call 995 & got an ambulance - around $80 per trip
2. In the event of ambulance shortage, a maxicab will be detailed, you pay $45 to the cab driver.
3. Hospital cost for a week, will come to an estimate of $1,000...if you check into the 'chalet' at Aloha..more costs.

Not to mention the medicine...GST..it is 'chin', 'chin' 'chin' ( in Cantonese)...'money' 'money, 'money',,,and the cash registers goes "kerching" and "Cowbunga" ministar will report a record profit for the health authority & the National Day Organizer will report a record turnout...it is all MONEY!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>NDP Preview and H1N1 - MOE's conflicting messages about mass gatherings
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->RECENTLY, I received a letter from my son's school asking him to attend the National Day Parade (NDP) Preview tomorrow.
I was rather shocked that the Ministry of Education (MOE) has decided to go ahead with this event. When I checked with MOE why it was being held, I was told that 'it is an important national event for the students'. Yes, it is an important event and a lot of the Primary 5 pupils are keen to attend, but in the current climate of Influenza A (H1N1), is it an unnecessary risk?
It seems to contradict MOE's request to schools to avoid mass gatherings such as assemblies and talks, as this NDP gathering will outdo all others. Schools have diligently put in place measures such as staggered recess hours, cancelled co-curricular activities and extra classes, and for what purpose?
Later, another officer from the National Education Branch told me I should raise my concern with the school principal and the school will decide what to do. It seems to me that MOE decides, but the school bears the responsibility of answering to parents. Should this event take place, MOE should review if the measures put in place in schools are still necessary.
Would MOE care to comment on its rationale for going ahead with this event and how it will ensure that these thousands of students are not exposed to the virus?
Caroline David (Ms)

Based on this sort of letter and your title, why dont we shut down all schools, all workplace, all shopping centres, heck, why dont we have a total curfew and enure no one come into contact with anyone, including parents and children?

This sort of paranoid as excues crap, just another way to lay blame and want to relax one corner.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on this sort of letter and your title, why dont we shut down all schools, all workplace, all shopping centres, heck, why dont we have a total curfew and enure no one come into contact with anyone, including parents and children?

This sort of paranoid as excues crap, just another way to lay blame and want to relax one corner.

Why don't you volunteer your whole family to go, Candy Arse and Cheebye Mouth!.....lol.....lol