• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ancient Japanese Language = Ancient Chinese ?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;Sapvy9CQdX0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sapvy9CQdX0&feature=related[/video]

明月幾時有,把酒問青天。
めい げつ き し いう、  は しう ぶん せい てん
みやう ごち け じ う、  へ しゆ もん しやう てん
不知天上宮闕,今夕是何年。
ふう ち てん しやう きゆう けつ、  きむ せき し か でん
ふ ち てん じやう くう こち、  こむ じやく ぜ が ねん
我欲乘風歸去,又恐瓊樓玉宇,高處不勝寒。
が よく しよう ほう くゐ きよ、    いう きよう けい ろう ぎよく う、  かう しよ ふう しよう かん
が よく じょう ふう け こ、    う く ぎやう る こく う、  かう しよ ふ しよう がん
起舞弄清影,何似在人間。
き ぶ ろう せい えい、  か し さい じん かん
こ む る しやう やう、  か じ ざい にん けん
轉朱閣,低綺戶,照無眠。
てん しゆ かく、  てい き こ、  せう ぶ べん
てん す かく、 たい き ぐ、  せう む めん
不應有恨,何事長向別時圓。
ふう よう ゆう こん、  か し ちやう きやう へつ し ゑん
ふ おう う ごん、  が じ ぢやう かう べち じ ゑん
人有悲歡離合,月有陰晴圓缺,此事古難全。
じん ゆう ひ くわん り かふ、 げつ ゆう いん せい ゑん けつ、  し し こ だん せん
にん う ひ くわん り ごふ、 ごち う おん じやう ゑん けち、  し じ く なん ぜん
但願人長久,千里共嬋娟。
たん げん じん ちやう きう、  せん り きよう せん けん
だん ごん にん ぢやう く、  せん り くう ぜん けん

Is this the ancient words of the early Chinese ?

"今" is pronounced as ghing and "去" is pronounced as "kor" exactly the same as Foochowese ! "人" is still pronounced like Cantonese, Foochowese or even Korean - "yin" not "jin".

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think its more of cross influence. china was a very strong country in the past with very strong cultural influence on both korea and japanese. i do not think in a strict pure sense japanese equate to ancient chinese as i have friends who speak both language told me the grammar structure of both language are different. many borrowed words maybe, due to the fact that in the past writing in both japanese and korean were in chinese characters only (they do not have their own characters and writing system then, thus borrowed such system from china)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i think its more of cross influence. china was a very strong country in the past with very strong cultural influence on both korea and japanese. i do not think in a strict pure sense japanese equate to ancient chinese as i have friends who speak both language told me the grammar structure of both language are different. many borrowed words maybe, due to the fact that in the past writing in both japanese and korean were in chinese characters only (they do not have their own characters and writing system then, thus borrowed such system from china)

yes ...you are right .

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Japanese as a spoken language is Altaic, totally different from Han Chinese. The resemblence is due to influence of writing in Chinese characters and heavy borrowing of Chinese vocabulary when China ranked culturally supreme in the Far East. Altaic is closer to Russian and Finnish in grammatical structure. Korean is too.

The translation of the poem in the threadstarting post is just Japanese hiragana transliteration phoenetic by phoenitic. It's not grammatically Japanese at all.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Japanese as a spoken language is Altaic, totally different from Han Chinese. The resemblence is due to influence of writing in Chinese characters and heavy borrowing of Chinese vocabulary when China ranked culturally supreme in the Far East. Altaic is closer to Russian and Finnish in grammatical structure. Korean is too.

The translation of the poem in the threadstarting post is just Japanese hiragana transliteration phoenetic by phoenitic. It's not grammatically Japanese at all.

clap clap ...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wow not bad.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
of course ..ah ram last time work in ....JAL mah :wink:

You're all very bad. Keep saying that Irene girl is my clone and chase her away already. Never leave me enough time to court her. Otherwise, I chat with her Narita and Tokyo sure got upfront advantage to court her.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You're all very bad. Keep saying that Irene girl is my clone and chase her away already. Never leave me enough time to court her. Otherwise, I chat with her Narita and Tokyo sure got upfront advantage to court her.

whahahaha...paiseh paiseh ..:wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to run a year end chalet and BBQ in CV when I was with NTUC Income under TKL as CEO. Then, NTUC Income owned half of CV. Both TKL and I didn't like LBs. But for economic reasons, that was the most economical place to hold our year end gathering. I only needed to put out the word that we were having a staff gathering here. All LBs disappeared until we left two days later.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I used to run a year end chalet and BBQ in CV when I was with NTUC Income under TKL as CEO. Then, NTUC Income owned half of CV. Both TKL and I didn't like LBs. But for economic reasons, that was the most economical place to hold our year end gathering. I only needed to put out the word that we were having a staff gathering here. All LBs disappeared until we left two days later.

hows the chalet in changi ? was it clean and spacious ? i never been to changi chalet ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hows the chalet in changi ? was it clean and spacious ? i never been to changi chalet ...

Nobody wants to book it unless it's free (i.e. NTUC staff). Slightly better than PA barrack only.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whahaahah provided all his hair still intact and no lobang on his head like middaydog :wink:

eeee ponytail with bald head on top. But can wear bandana to cover like this but of course not as sud as him

250px-Hulk_Hogan.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
someone pointed out in another thread that jap grammar is closer to dravidian....which is related to tamil. but i believe it is closer to mongolian which is altaic.