• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AMDK say sayonana to Paradise Isle after 5yrs pf Great Happiness, why no samster manage to make her stay?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Deciding to move back to the UK​

Gallagher moving back to the UK in 2024.

Gallagher moving back to the UK in 2024.Candice Gallagher
I spend a lot of time thinking about life versus lifestyle. In Singapore, I was living a lifestyle that I very much enjoyed.

But I was starting to feel unfulfilled in my life. I'd been overseas for more than 18 years. I wanted to be around my friends from high school and college, so I decided to move home.

So, in July, I packed my bags and moved back to the UK.

It took me a long time to reach that conclusion because I moved abroad when I was eight. The idea of "just being an English girl in England" kicked off a bit of an identity crisis. I was like: "Who am I if I'm not an expat?"

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dating as an expat was not a breeze​

Candice Gallagher hosting Singlepore, a singles mixer in Singapore.

Gallagher hosted "Singlepore," a singles mixer in Singapore.Candice Gallagher
Dating anywhere in the world is difficult, and I've done it pretty seriously in four countries: England, the US, Singapore, and Switzerland, where I did my master's degree.

But in Singapore, I found there was a very small pool of people who fit into the same cultural space that I operated in. It was like I was trying to go fishing in a very small pond.

Then, I saw a video on TikTok of a group in the US who had set up the dating event. I posted a video in Singapore and said, "Hey Singaporeans, is anyone with me? Would you like to come to an event like this?"

Then, the whole thing snowballed, and I ended up hosting a dating event called "Singlepore."

It was pretty amazing. It reflects a desire for offline, real-world ways to connect with people