• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alternative parties should target at Voters next GE !

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come next GE, the challenge for APs would be much greater.

Criticizing PAP and cronies will not win votes becos, the media people are happy to report ding-dong. They make sure APs become crowns !
Look at Gomez saga, PAP won at last at the most likely oppo GRC last GE. How sad !!!

Bickering with PAP and its baboons may also tread into legal battle which Alternative parties cannot win.
Not only that, PAP apologists and new citizens will tend to defend their hosts.
These uncles and aunties like to quarrel and waste time to cripple APs' rendition.

Alternative parties should focus at Voters , gently warn them about their responsibility over country’s wealth, smaller living space and communal space, hefty HDB price, and bleak future for Singaporeans.

NKF and RENCI sagas are lessons to learn, who is to blame in the end too late, does it matter now since checks and balances had not been installed.
How the people who donated feel, and how those who cried crocodile tears who egged on you to dial some more, do they feel remorseful now .

Another issue---transparency !

Definition of transparency ---free from deceit or pretence, sheer enough to see through, readily understaood.
Voters must understand what is transparency ruling a country.

I propose country’s reserves to be audited before the GE is good for the people and the country, most voters will agree if they really love singapore.

I hope Alternative parties don’t fall into legal traps and come out the same results again. The next fight is crucial.

Next GE, alternative parties must fight on different fronts, focus at voters, there are a huge number of new citizens who are readily to vote for PAP.
So , attacking on PAP’s candidates will not impress these new voters.

Go for the voters instead, they are responsible for what will happen to singapore and its wealth.
Voters need to reminded elections are not about upgrading and handouts.
Money alone will not solve poverty, Perhaps financial literacy will.
Our education system also has to change. And many policies have to be overturned !

Good luck to all alter parties, may the force be with you !!!

God help us to rid PAP out of singapore

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
APs needs to be united to form a strong force to enjoy the economies of scale.

Then only that you can get more professionals to join. Believe me, you dun have to invite, they'll come automatically. Throw away your partisan squabbles and focus on the common enemy.

Otherwise you guys will still be running around in circles.

You need at least 50 opposition members to remove the PAP from power. Think Big. you get the entirely new govt. that will serve the people instead of serving the regime. People are fed up...if you feel the grounds..

Think small, you get no seats.

God can help, but people must move their butts and not sit on the sidelines.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Criticizing PAP and cronies will not win votes becos, the media people are happy to report ding-dong. They make sure APs become crowns !
Look at Gomez saga, PAP won at last at the most likely oppo GRC last GE. How sad !!!

Bickering with PAP and its baboons may also tread into legal battle which Alternative parties cannot win.
These uncles and aunties like to quarrel and waste time to cripple APs' rendition.

Alternative parties should focus at Voters , gently warn them about their responsibility over country’s wealth, smaller living space and communal space, hefty HDB price, and bleak future for Singaporeans.

NKF and RENCI sagas are lessons to learn, who is to blame in the end too late, does it matter now since checks and balances had not been installed.
How the people who donated feel, and how those who cried crocodile tears who egged on you to dial some more, do they feel remorseful now .

Definition of transparency ---free from deceit or pretence, sheer enough to see through, readily understaood.

I propose country’s reserves to be audited before the GE is good for the people and the country, most voters will agree if they really love singapore.

I hope Alternative parties don’t fall into legal traps and come out the same results again. The next fight is crucial.

Next GE, alternative parties must fight on different fronts, focus at voters, there are a huge number of new citizens who are readily to vote for PAP.

Go for the voters instead, they are responsible for what will happen to singapore and its wealth.
Our education system also has to change. And many policies have to be overturned !

I wouldn't think that the alternative parties have not been targetting the voters so far. What were they doing then?

Anyway, agree with some of your ideas.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
APs needs to be united to form a strong force to enjoy the economies of scale.

The tricky part about unity is the model. I think APs would rule out a merger, so a coalition is more viable.

Then, the trickier part about a coalition is a strong pillar. To date, with no AP able to play the role and the idea becomes a distant hope.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have to admit, this is a well written piece and the words to me is deem sincere as well as a sense of responsiblity.

However, talking is one thing, would AP / opposition supporters agrees and able to handle with the above? or are we ging to see more personal attacks just to put each other down?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to admit, this is a well written piece and the words to me is deem sincere as well as a sense of responsiblity.

However, talking is one thing, would AP / opposition supporters agrees and able to handle with the above? or are we ging to see more personal attacks just to put each other down?

I would think the general populace should view the political scene as a myriad of parties with one being unnecessarily more powerful than the rest and the rest opposing only it and not others only because they are trying to knock it down so that all of them will be more relatively equal in size. If that is successful the "fun" begins and no one will be friends with another.

There is no need to demand for them to unite as long as each has the ability to knock a bit off the biggest player from where they are standing and they do not lose direction and see each other as the ones deserving of knocking down first before the biggest player is smaller. In fact, the more you try to unite them, the more differences they will have, the more the above will not happen.

One should study coalitions as a reference subject. No coalition is built without a pillar. But because no pillar exists, no coalition exists. Except SDA, which is without a pillar and why it only has less than half the opposition camp's total numbers is exactly my point.

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
but they have been doing it for some time now, what could they achieved? 2 seats in Parliament for get 33.3% of the populace vote? this is gross misrepresentation of the people's voice.

the oppositions needs to use a new strategy to counter the GRC cheats.

they need more people to stand in every constiuency, single or GRCs.

how can they get more people with a splintered groups?

many professionals are not ready to join yet because they are broken down and scattered. you need to re-group!

you need a strong and big opposition party to take on the PAP. not just some rag tags oppositions armies..remember the chopsticks story?

there's no way the PAP monopoly on the populace can be broken with such a small oppositions party here and there...

they must be united, then good people will eventually join.

what oppositions needs are good people to join them....

currently there aren't many..and they can't get more if they maintain the current status quo.

why is it so hard to form a common agenda that represents the people's interests?

the rise of such leader would signal the dawn of the LeeRegime.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not so sure about that. People who wish to join the opposition would have no problems making their choice whatever the state.

If what you said holds, everyone who joins the opposition would join one party and the rest would disintegrate. The fact that it has not happened, that all parties except PAP are relatively the same size shows that the fewer parties, the fewer will join, not more.

Not all in the opposition right now would join the opposition if only the SDP existed. Or join if only the WP existed. If they did, they would be joining SDP or WP, not Reform Party, NSP etc.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
throw away the name SDP, WP, Reform Party and NSP....

use a common name, with the familar faces....as one party...

u think that's possible?

say UNITED OPPOSITION FRONT!

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't think that will work. If the United Opposition Front is miraculously successful, new opposition parties will still appear. You will see Singapore Republicans, Singapore Conservative Party etc. Unless they all turned to robots. It's like trying to join soap bubbles.

The whole problem is one dominant party. That should be the primary focus. The PAP would have provided more split parties that the current 6 opposition parties if not for the chance of winning + directorships they offer.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not that I don't want strong opposition. But I would think one opposition needs to be 10 times stronger than the next better player before the PAP's dominance is ebbed or a coalition is formed because a pillar is needed. In other words, growth before unity, not unity before growth. Even then, it may not take place but might be the lesser of 2 evils.

In the meantime, I know my goal is to reduce the PAP's dominance and vote's ready for the opposition anytime. Worse case scenario is a spoil vote as I have already given my "virgin" vote to the opposition. :smile: