• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about balance

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.asiaone.com/Health/Fitness/Story/A1Story20090807-159698.html

Sat, Aug 08, 2009
The Straits Times

20090807.111437_golfchick.jpg

All about balance

By: June Cheong

What do you do to keep fit?

I try to keep up with my routine of jogging 5km twice a week. When not at work or if I have some time for myself, it always feels good to work up a sweat by playing a round of golf. Nothing beats spending quality time with my friends, family and loved ones on the golf course.

What is your secret to looking so fabulous?

Thank you for the compliment. There are no secrets really. I keep to a balanced diet and indulge myself with a spa or massage treatment once a month. I also love to perm my eyelashes. A well balanced lifestyle, one with healthy food, a substantial amount of outdoor activities and doing what I love most - golf and working in the golf industry - also helps tremendously.

What is your diet like?

I try not to skip breakfast because it is the most important meal of the day. It keeps me pepped up all day. I stay away from alcohol and greasy food and choose healthier alternatives like wholemeal bread and lean meat. I eat lots of fruits and greens for fibre and vitamin C.

What are your indulgences?

My favourite food is definitely ice cream waffles. I love spicy food as well.

Do you count your calories?

I do not go to the extent of counting the calories of everything I eat. However, I see to having an adequate amount of everything. If I know I will be having a heavy dinner, I will opt for a salad or just fruits for lunch. It is all about balance.

Do you take supplements?

Yes. Certain supplements are a necessity for your body, mind and health. I take vitamin C for glowing skin and my immunity system. I also take collagen and anti-oxidant pills for my skin's strength and elasticity. Calcium is also a must for my bones. A healthy body is a good start to everything in life.

What is your sleep routine like?

Six to eight hours are sufficient for me. I try to wind down by reading a book or listening to songs before sleeping. It helps my body and mind relax and helps me get a good night's rest. I get lethargic the next day with less than six or more than eight hours of shut-eye.

How do you maintain a healthy work-life balance?

I currently work from 11am to 7pm every day, with two days off per week. If I find time in the morning before work, I go for a quick jog or go to the golf range to hit 200 balls. On my days off, I try to spend time with my family and we bond over a round of golf or other activities like fishing and prawning.

What do you do to relax?

Going to the spa or getting a massage is the best way to relax. It tones your body and gives you time off from your busy work schedule, leaving you relaxed, refreshed and recharged.

What are the three most important things in your life?

My passion for golf, my family and my job. They are my motivation and my drive to move forward.

Would you go for plastic surgery?

I am not opposed to it. Some may think that plastic surgery is fake and artificial but you can never sin if you just want to look better and be better in certain aspects of life.

Do you think you are sexy?

Tough question. I suppose sexy can have many forms. For me, I think my sexiness comes from my athletic personality and my well-toned and tanned body. Everyone is entitled to feel sexy and good about themselves.

Khee Yenling, 30
1) The Singaporean was the afternoon session winner of the amateur golf tournament, Her World Golf Challenge 2009.

2) She works at Big Fish, a golf shop in Bukit merah. It helps do swing analysis for golfers and recommends them appropriate clubs.

3) The Amateur golfer, who is 1.63m and weighs 52kg, is engaged to project manager Steven Law, 40.

Exercise Regimen: Jogging 5km twice a week, playing a round of gold as and when possible.

This article was first published in Mind Your Body, The Straits Times.