• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Neh killed by Hit and Run Driver

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hit & run: Driver flees and dumps car
By Zaihan Mohamed Yusof

SHE can see the junction clearly from the corridor outside her flat.

It is where her husband, Mr Asotharman Kunonpuram, 57, was killed by a hit-and-run driver early on Saturday morning.

The driver of the car that hit Mr Asotharman at the junction of Serangoon Road and Hindoo Road remains at large.

An abandoned car at Boon Keng Road, about 2km away, is believed to be the vehicle involved. (Police cannot catch the driver?)

Said Mrs Asotharman, 57, who lives in block 672A Klang Lane: 'He was on his way to work when he was hit (by the car).'

Mr Asotharman worked as a cleaner at Pasir Ris, said his wife.

He would always visit the Sri Veeramah Kaliamman temple next to his flat before crossing the road to take a bus from Jalan Besar.

On Saturday, he did not make it across Serangoon Road.

Said Mrs Asotharman: 'When the police came to tell me the news, I was too shocked to cry. It happened right in front of our flat and I didn't even know about it.'

Mrs Asotharman, a housewife, was asleep at the time.

The couple, who had been married for 30 years, do not have children.

Mrs Asotharman found out about her husband's death around 9.30am when the police knocked on her door.

She said yesterday that she hoped the culprit would come forward or he would have to 'forever live in guilt'.

Mrs Asotharman was distraught when she saw her husband's body yesterday morning as funeral rites were performed.

She said: 'My husband was a simple person who kept to himself. He had no distractions. It was work and then he would return home.'

It is believed the car that hit Mr Asotharman was damaged during the collision. It left behind fragments of bodywork and glass.

Mrs Asotharman's brother, Mr Karu Periayathamby, 60, believes the driver must have been speeding.

Said Mr Karu: 'My brother-in-law was a tall and big person. He was also a tough fellow.

'It would take a lot to knock him down and kill him. The driver would have to be driving fast to cause such deadly injuries.'

Mr Asotharman's body had bruises to his legs and right part of his body, and abrasions on the face.

The family were about to celebrate a wedding next week.

Added Mr Karu: 'This is a difficult time for all of us. I'm more sad than angry.

'My son is getting married next Sunday. But as a grieving widow, Rani (Mrs Asotharman) will not be able to join us at the wedding festivities.

'It is sad that my sister cannot celebrate.'

The family is appealing for witnesses to help police with investigations.

The police said that Mr Asotharman was pronounced dead by paramedics at 6.20am.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, even pieces from the car at the crime scene, and an abandoned car 2km away. They may be closing in on the hit and run driver right now.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's laws are very lax when it comes to illegal driving.

There are numerous people driving without licences on the roads and the police don't know about it? Most of these people stopped at road blocks will give forged documents and almost believeable excuses that most young cops will let them go for fear of attending court and getting the wrong guy.

WAKE UP YOU TRAFFIC POLICE MORONS!!!!

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiyah one fu**ing pundeh die...no big deal....less smell on this earth and better air quality

I am strongly against what you wrote, it would be poetic justice if you meet with similar mishap.

Someone has passed away, they have transcended race and creed, no need to be cruel.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
WAKE UP YOU TRAFFIC POLICE MORONS!!!!

MORONS is a good word to describe the TP. But i would like to say to them... CHOW CHEE BYE!!

Anyone here kena caught by the chee bye TP? Is it that when u kena caught, there is no way for you to argue on the spot?

Chee bye TP.
!&!!

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am strongly against what you wrote, it would be poetic justice if you meet with similar mishap.

Someone has passed away, they have transcended race and creed, no need to be cruel.

Go ahead and feel what you wish, you are entitled to it. I deal with death everyday and it is just a statistic to me. Who knows, I may one day be doing your body after you have returned your IC...:oIo: