• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Lau can work until 67 years old....

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE: NTUC's Deputy Secretary General and Senior Minister of State in the Prime Minister's Office, Heng Chee How, has put forth several proposals to grow the older worker segment of the workforce.

Speaking during the debate on the White Paper on Population in Parliament, he described this segment as an untapped one, and urged the tripartite partners to start working on further extending the reemployment age limit from 65 years old to 67 years old.

He said that the limit of age 67 is already provided under the law, so there is no need for further legislation, but there is a need to ensure smooth implementation of the reemployment or people aged 62 to 65 and consider how best to facilitate further extension sooner rather than later.

Mr Heng said a key part of this would be to ensure that employers in both the private and public sector value their older workers as assets, pay them fairly even as they enter re-employment and not make mechanical cuts to their pay and benefits.

Another proposal put forth was to enhance the ADVANTAGE! Scheme to make it even more attractive for employers to transform their recruitment and work processes to be age-friendly.

Mr Heng also suggested reforming the Eldershield scheme and revamp HDB workplace health programmes such as Wellness@Work so as to improve health and reduce concerns by employers and employees about rising healthcare and health insurance costs as workers age.

He said: "For Eldershield, it is currently a contingency insurance scheme that makes a cash payout when the insured person is disabled. There is nothing in it to incentivise the insured person to age well, whether by way of premium differentiation or participation in wellness programmes.

"There is also no link between the payout made and what the money is used for. Hence, the payout may not be for better eldercare.

"There are alternative arrangements and examples in other countries, like the US, that provides clearer linkages in these areas and thus tilt the scales in favour of better preventive lifestyles in ageing well and in eldercare.

"I urge the government and the insurance industry to review the use of Eldershield beyond adjusting payouts from time to time.

"If we can integrate such a review, together with workplace wellness programmes, I believe it will help lessen the worries of workers and employers over accelerating healthcare and health insurance costs as workers age."

Earlier in his speech, Mr Heng also rebutted the Workers' Party's argument of allowing 10,000 new citizens a year versus the White Paper's proposal of 15,000 to 25,000 per year.

He said there are about 18,000 deaths among the population each year. Hence, the Workers' Party's proposal would not be enough to even make up for those who pass away.

It will also make the opposition party's own hope of achieving one per cent growth in Singapore's citizen workforce between now and 2020 harder to achieve, he added.

- CNA/ac

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But someone said the Silver Tsunami is a threat - a crisis - and we need to import foreigners and build our population !!!

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not everyone can survive till 67 .To still work at this age, one must be presumed to be healthy. Not easy hor! No mean feat hor!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
on one hand, the silver tsunami is a crisis
on the other hand, those up to 67 years told can still be gainfully employed -an asset

????:confused:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even at 67, most sinkees can't afford to retire. Only those who are able to hang on to their middle-class jobs can retire. For many sinkees who have been displaced by cheap foreign PMET when they were in their 40s, retirement is just a dream.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Even at 67, most sinkees can't afford to retire. Only those who are able to hang on to their middle-class jobs can retire. For many sinkees who have been displaced by cheap foreign PMET when they were in their 40s, retirement is just a dream.

many are driving taxis
many are security guards
many are dish washers
many are toilet cleaners
some are sweepers
some mcd uncles and aunties

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing is wrong with working at 67. If you are fully saved up and want to retire, all power to you. However, if you didn't save shit when you are younger, and you still need to drive Taxi now to survive, no need to complain about gahman or your children.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought, okay la, earn enough already, I can afford to take a few month off, savour the good life, just take F class all the way and go for that holiday.

But turned out, 1 month in, I missed my work and started to feel lethagic and backside itchy.

Too much of abalone also can become xian right.

I feel, if you have the luxury to choose, work till you want to work.

Its your own choice, and fuck whatever some politician says.

For those who die die must work till death, I am sorry for you. Thats a shitty way to live.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nothing is wrong with working at 67. If you are fully saved up and want to retire, all power to you. However, if you didn't save shit when you are younger, and you still need to drive Taxi now to survive, no need to complain about gahman or your children.

you are right
not many singaporeans have enough money to retire happily
all their savings and earning gone to the children and house
not much savings left....so not a rosy sunset really
if children do well, good
if children do badly, another big headache for the old folks

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I thought, okay la, earn enough already, I can afford to take a few month off, savour the good life, just take F class all the way and go for that holiday.

But turned out, 1 month in, I missed my work and started to feel lethagic and backside itchy.

Too much of abalone also can become xian right.

I feel, if you have the luxury to choose, work till you want to work.

Its your own choice, and fuck whatever some politician says.

For those who die die must work till death, I am sorry for you. Thats a shitty way to live.

the best safeguard is enough savings
if you have enough savings to retire
then it's good - you have a choice
but if you are still struggling to make ends meet
then you are in some trouble already
work until die like some old uncles driving taxis
very sad

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please dun carry my balls. I am not your PAP master.

i know your testicles are full of shit
there is no need to carry your balls
too filthy and too dirty
you can return to your own master
in the ghettos....cheers!!!

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
As much as I love my kids, I told them not to expect any financial help after University (they are still in primary schools). Too dependent on the parents can cause the Children to be lazy. As for Singaporeans, most don't think about saving outside CPF. Even with CPF, many think of ways to raid it (buying big houses) before retirement. Seeing how some of my older relative manage their retirements, I will not be surprised to see they run out of money before they die.

you are right
not many singaporeans have enough money to retire happily
all their savings and earning gone to the children and house
not much savings left....so not a rosy sunset really
if children do well, good
if children do badly, another big headache for the old folks

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please dun carry my balls. I am not your PAP master.

"...thick skin bohlampar....what master!...your balls stink like shit..who want to carry...nahbeh...no shame...go away....stink to heaven..."

2176583_zpsc4d69163.gif

Last edited:

Zouk1

As for this, you must ask Zorro Lim whether he 'song boh'.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These jiak-liao-bee chee bye ministers only know how to talk cock. Why don't their own departments fire those young and cheap workers and start hiring older ones and set an example ?