• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ACJC students help pillion injured in accident, while motorists just stare

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>This Urban Jungle
Posted on 09 Nov, 2008 11:19
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>ACJC students help pillion injured in accident, while motorists just stare

STOMPer Jasper was touched by how a group of ACJC students helped this pillion rider who was injured in an accident, while other motorists simply stared.

He says:

"This morning (November 8), the rain had caused a motorcyclist to skid, near the start of East Coast Park, causing the motorcyclist and passenger to fall from their bike.

"Though injuries were minor, there was much blood about.

"Thankfully, a group of ACJC students happened to pass by the accident scene.

"Amongst the students was my friend by the name of Veronica, who rushed to help with her first aid kit from her father's car.

"She bandaged their wounds while waiting for the ambulance and police to arrive.

"I was touched by my friend's helping act.

"However, I was appalled by the numerous Singaporeans who drove or cycled past previously, only merely gazing at the accident.

"Is this how we Singaporeans should act upon seeing our fellow citizens in an accident?"

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
» Email a Friend <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript>addthis_pub = 'stomp';</SCRIPT> <SCRIPT src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT> <!-- AddThis Button END -->​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><SCRIPT src="/js/prototype.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT> function submittedComment() { focusAnchor('comment'); //alert ('You have submitted a comment.'); } function submittedRating() { focusAnchor('rating'); //alert ('You have submitted a rating to this article.'); } function focusAnchor(anchorName) { location.replace('#' + anchorName); } function doSomething() { if(document.loginForm.IDToken0.value == "") { alert ("Please enter Username"); document.loginForm.IDToken0.focus(); return false; } if(document.loginForm.IDToken1.value == "") { alert ("Please enter Password"); document.loginForm.IDToken1.focus(); return false; } }</SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=right><TD colSpan=2>
Rated by 0 STOMPer (s). 1168 Views​

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wat u expect? ... every1 who passes by 2 oso stop as well? ...

there r oredi 7 ppl there helping out, do u nid more? ... if u nid more, juz open ur mouth n ask dose passing by la ...

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
honestly i think its no big deal. small case. but the bf is damn useless as to simple first aid also dunno.

ilovechery

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why the injured gal in white tees pull her bf forward so desperately in 2nd pic?? To give blowjob on the spot??

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
in developed countries, if you witness an accident and refused to render help to the victim, you can be charged in court!!

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
in developed countries, if you witness an accident and refused to render help to the victim, you can be charged in court!!

Not necessary true. In some developed countries, even a passing doctor may not even want to help in case of a malpractice suit later on.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

So what if your pestors refused to render help and keep on chanting 'AhMENg' and 'Hallekaya' at the victim w/o helping, will he be charged too? :biggrin:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rest just watched.. and among them one useless a**hole raised a phonecam to video to post on Stomp. At least he did something *Applause*

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
That stomper really crazy.

If he said others go past without helping, I didn't know as someone would was taking video and pictures was considered helping.
He was just making use of the opportunity to go stomp and broadcast to everyone telling everyone how unhelpful others were.

His "helpfulness" was to tell everyone by taking that footage. He sibei good:cool:

manx007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes bro are fxxking right!! Do you expect everyone passerby to help? Then there will be a big commotion and the victim if in serious condition would be deprieve of breathing space which is crucial if in critical phrase. And if not professionally trained personnel, we should not anyhow move the victim in case they suffer more unneccsary injuries!!

omega

Alfrescian
Loyal
ACJC students help pillion injured in accident, while motorists just stare

She has already been helped and her friend Veronica got the publicity. What more does she want?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not necessary true. In some developed countries, even a passing doctor may not even want to help in case of a malpractice suit later on.

I had an accident in Canada & people in the neighbourhood came out to assist. There was even a doctor who took my pulse! Another volunteered to look after my bicycle as I waited for the ambulance

Canada is a good place to migrate to. Kampong spirit still exists :rolleyes:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had an accident in Canada & people in the neighbourhood came out to assist. There was even a doctor who took my pulse! Another volunteered to look after my bicycle as I waited for the ambulance

Canada is a good place to migrate to. Kampong spirit still exists :rolleyes:

But winter really fucking jialat !!