• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Acid attack victim seeks funds

I

Ieyasu Tokugawa

Friday November 12, 2010

Acid attack victim seeks funds

By NG CHENG YEE
[email protected]

KUALA LUMPUR: All Asri Abdullah wanted was to get the grant for a car he inherited from his late father when he visited his family at Tasek Gelugor in Seberang Perai late last year. The intention ended in tragedy when he claimed his younger brother splashed acid on him, causing Asri to become blind and suffer injuries to his body. The former factory worker claimed family ties had been good prior to the incident. "We were getting along just fine until that day in October. I went to the house but my family members refused to let me in.

Asri.jpg

Help me: Asri, who claimed he was splashed with acid by his younger brother, at the press conference with Chong at Wisma MCA in Kuala Lumpur.

"When I peeked through the window, my younger brother suddenly splashed acid on me," he told reporters at a press conference organised by MCA Public Services and Complaints Department head Datuk Michael Chong here yesterday. Asri added that neighbours quickly sent him to the hospital.
He claimed that none of his family members checked on him after the incident.

It was learnt that two of Asri's family members were remanded for one week after the incident and had since been released. On Nov 20, Asri will undergo a tissue ex-pansion operation costing RM160,000. A good Samaritan June C.L. Yong got to know of Asri's situation and brought him to Chong's office to appeal for public donations to fund the surgery.

A committee, chaired by Chong, has been set up to raise funds for Asri. The other committee members are Umno Youth exco member Datuk Muhd Khairun Aseh and Yong. Those who wish to donate can make out cheques to MCA Public Services Dept, Wisma MCA, Tingkat 7, 163 Jln Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur. Please write "Asri bin Abdullah" at the back of the cheque.