• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A part of Jalan Besar area is a pig-sty

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Early this week I was at Kelantan Road area looking for an electrical item. As it was an unique part, I had to scour the whole of Jalan Besar area before I found a shop that was selling it. During this "adventure", I was shocked by the general state of uncleanliness that abound the area from Kelantan Lane to Kitchener Road. The backlanes are filthy. The drains are seem to be blocked. The flow of traffic was erratic due to rampant illegal partking and The Jalan Berseh Food Centre is not only dirty but also a major eye-sore. I doubt if NEA officers had ever-visited the coffee-shops in the area.

Why is the area so unruly and unkempt? Wonder if the MPs ever visit their constiuents.

I observed that the Workers Party has its office in the area. WP should think about contesting here in the coming elections.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Early this week I was at Kelantan Road area looking for an electrical item. As it was an unique part, I had to scour the whole of Jalan Besar area before I found a shop that was selling it. During this "adventure", I was shocked by the general state of uncleanliness that abound the area from Kelantan Lane to Kitchener Road. The backlanes are filthy. The drains are seem to be blocked. The flow of traffic was erratic due to rampant illegal partking and The Jalan Berseh Food Centre is not only dirty but also a major eye-sore. I doubt if NEA officers had ever-visited the coffee-shops in the area.

Why is the area so unruly and unkempt? Wonder if the MPs ever visit their constiuents.

I observed that the Workers Party has its office in the area. WP should think about contesting here in the coming elections.

If PAP lose this area, I can guarantee you this place will become a cowboy town. The opposition should choose other estates. Jalan besar will be very very challenging for opposition if they manage to win it. People will not be very kind with words if the estate is taken over by opposition and not managed to expectations

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

NSP office is just a little further down the road opposite Lavender Square. Jalan Besar GRC when formed has a walkover in 1991, contested by SDP in 1997, NSP (then under SDA) in 2001 and 2006.