• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Govt. That Cares nearly killed somebody!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to SGH doctors who put patient before payment

LAST Wednesday at 2.45pm, I took my wife to Singapore General Hospital (SGH) for her second operation. When we arrived at the admission office, the SGH staff gave us a file to be admitted to the ward. On the way to the ward, I received a call from the admission office and was told my wife could not be operated on until we settled our bill.

The officer asked us to meet the supervisor to settle the bill, which was $14,000. The supervisor told us we would have to pay in cash or my wife would not be operated on. I told him my wife was insured by Great Eastern, which had settled the bill for my wife throughout the whole procedure during my wife's admission, but to no avail.

At around 5.20pm, I called my insurance agent and asked him to come to SGH to settle the matter. At around 6.15pm my wife and I went with the insurance agent to OCBC Bank in Toa Payoh to withdraw at least $7,000, but the bank was closed. My wife told me to cancel the procedure and she would call the doctor tomorrow, when we received a call from SGH asking why my wife had not been admitted yet. The doctor asked us to come back to the ward and they would handle it. He said my wife was supposed to be admitted at 3.30pm for a medical check-up, before tomorrow's operation by Professor Eu Kong Weng.

My wife was warded at about 7.15pm. Dr Wee and the nurses gave her a check-up and found she had a slight fever.

I explained to Dr Wee and he told us to forget everything, and said he and the professor would settle for us. Prof Eu always said his patient was more important than money and told us not to worry. My great compliments to Prof Eu and Dr Wee for giving my wife a good and happy feeling.

I feel very proud and want to say a big thanks to SGH for having good doctors with a good heart.

Rayduwan Hassan

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a personal experience I wish to recollect, places & names had been change to protect the innocence ( ha ha ha ha) Ok! serious stuff!.

I was awoken one early morning around 2am by my neighbour that his son had fallen down from the bed, and needed help for someone to follow him to the hospital. To cut a long story short, when we arrive at Hospital A, nearest to us, heading to A&E, the boy was moaning in pain; I have to register the kid on the dad's behalf. In our haste to drive to the hospital we left our wallets at home, we actually, had no identification, no money etc..

The hospital was adamant that if we have to ID, no money, they won't treat the boy!. Gosh!...I will leave all the rest out on how I got them to register the boy...we waited 2 hrs at A&E, got so fed up, we went to another government hospital some 10km away...told them what happened at goverment hospital A, we got the boy seen by a doctor immediatley, warded & place in observation...registration , payment & other paper work was to be completed in the day, during office hours...

What did that shorties WKS says?...Singaporeans first!... ha ha ha ha...no money, you die your business!
beleive it!...beleive it!

Lentor

Alfrescian
Loyal
when they say singaporeans.
it's those who are in the elite circle.
u peesants living in pigeons holes are not.