• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

a funny little road

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
shit! got a summon stuck on the windscreen this morning. parked my vehicle along a little road that was marked with a centre white line. well, it was sunday. would there be congested vehicles? further up the road, the single white line broke into broken white lines and the cars parked there were spared from the summons.

how come like that one huh??

just a notice only. dunno how much gotta cough out :(

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shit! got a summon stuck on the windscreen this morning. parked my vehicle along a little road that was marked with a centre white line. well, it was sunday. would there be congested vehicles? further up the road, the single white line broke into broken white lines and the cars parked there were spared from the summons.

Any car not parking in parking lot is illegal parking.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
there was discriminative summons. those who parked their vehicles where the single white centre lined drawn got summons. further up the line changed into broken lines and vehicles parked there were spared. cannot understand the logic. it's the same road but with 2 different markings - continuous and then broken white lines.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No other line(s) by the side. Fine for single continuous white line is S$70. Broken white line not infringing any of the road regulations at all, so can park until song song.

You may be a Lee but doesn't mean your father owns the road. :biggrin:

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
there was discriminative summons. those who parked their vehicles where the single white centre lined drawn got summons. further up the line changed into broken lines and vehicles parked there were spared. cannot understand the logic. it's the same road but with 2 different markings - continuous and then broken white lines.

Were you close to a junction? Usually the continuous white lines are painted 6 meters from a junction or when the road is too congested for parking.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it's time you brushed up on your Singapore Highway Code. A summary of your situation:
  • Single or double continuous white line(s) along the middle of the road - no parking at any time
  • Broken white line in the middle of the road with no other markings at the side of the road - parking is allowed at any time
  • Broken white line in the middle of the road with single yellow line next to the kerb - parking allowed all day on Sunday and public holidays; and from 7pm to 7am on weekdays
  • Broken white line in the middle of the road with either double yellow line, single zig-zag or double zig-zag lines by the kerb - no parking at any time.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Write In And See

shit! got a summon stuck on the windscreen this morning.

I tried mine (not white line stuff) and I got away ... I wrote positively and no argument unless you have a strong case to tell the authority why you have no choice but to ... Can try if it is your first time lah.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were you close to a junction? Usually the continuous white lines are painted 6 meters from a junction or when the road is too congested for parking.

this funny little road branched off fr the main road. along it, there were more branched off little roads that lead to big landed houses. had i known that further up there were the safe zone of dotted lines, i would ve parked there instead. maybe they could put up a label SAFE ZONE PARKING AHEAD - no summons zone that is.