• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A FAN REMEMBERS: The day Michael Jackson kissed her

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://tnp.sg/news/story/0,4136,206256,00.html?

Michael Jackson: 1958 - 2009
HIS LEGACY
A FAN REMEMBERS: The day Michael kissed her
By Crystal Chan

June 28, 2009

NP_IMAGES_CSMJ-XQ5.jpg

GREAT FEELING: Ms Siddique (above) says the kiss from Jackson was surreal. SPH FILE PICTURE

HE WAS her thriller, and she was his special girl in Singapore.

Ms Samira Melissa Siddique, 32, is probably the only Singaporean to have been kissed by the King of Pop.

It was the tender moment when Michael Jackson plucked her out from an audience of thousands at the National Stadium - and not only kissed her cheek but gave her a hug.

Ms Siddique, now a homemaker, will remember that kiss for the rest of her life. It was, she said, surreal and incredible.

'I was shocked when they pulled me out. After all, how often do you get to meet a superstar? Till this day, I still remember that moment. I felt embarrassed, but it was fun as it's a once-in-a-lifetime moment. It's something you always remember for the rest of your life.'

In an exclusive interview with The New Paper, the mother of an 11-month-old girl recalled that moment.

She was only 16 and gyrating to the music when Jackson's minders picked her to meet the superstar during his concert on 29 Aug, 1993.

'I didn't have a choice and I didn't know why I was chosen. The minder just yanked me out of my seat.'

She was with her friends at the specially-priced $125 seats reserved for youths aged between 12 and 18. She was in the second row from the front.

'I was in a daze and it was so surreal because one minute, you're attending a concert and the next, you're standing on stage with Michael Jackson in front of so many people. It's not quite what you expect and you can't believe it's real.'

On stage, Jackson serenaded her with his hit, She's out of my life. Ms Siddique hugged her idol and told him she had enjoyed his music since she was eight. She also whispered 'Happy Birthday' to him as it was his birthday that day.

The New Paper covered that concert and interviewed Ms Siddique after she came down from the stage.

She told Mr Dave Ang, now the paper's associate editor, that being kissed by Jackson was the most beautiful experience of her life.

She said yesterday: 'I was a teenager and at that moment it was the most incredible moment for me. He was the biggest star in the world at the time.

'But that quote doesn't stand today as I've experienced more life-changing moments, such as marriage and the birth of my daughter.

Like millions of fans, Ms Siddique was shocked when husband Ashidiq Ghazali, 34, a former co-rapper of Sheikh Haikel, received a text message that Jackson had died.

She was at the lower storey of her Geylang landed home yesterday morning when her husband called out to her from the upper floor.

She said: 'I looked at my daughter and I thought, 'She'll never get to see Jackson in person'.'

'Jackson will be to my daughter, what Elvis Presley was to us. We all know Elvis was the King of Rock n Roll but he was from our parents' generation and he died before we were born.'Like many fans, Ms Siddique had a sudden urge to listen to his songs again.

She usually listens to BBC news while driving but yesterday, she was flipping channels, hoping to hear Jackson's songs.

She said: 'I was on the way to a friend's place and I was hoping at least one station would play Jackson's songs as a tribute. I listened to Billie Jean and Heal The World and I sang along to all of them.'

The allegations of child molest against Jackson in 1993 failed to diminish his stature in Ms Siddique's eyes.

She said: 'Once you're a fan, you're always a fan, despite the controversies .'

Ms Siddique, who studied law at the University of London, added: 'I thought about the charges but his talent only comes once in a lifetime so you have to appreciate him for the joy he gave fans with his music.'

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>Ms Samira Melissa Siddique, 32, is probably the only Singaporean to have been kissed by the King of Pop. It was the tender moment when Michael Jackson plucked her out from an audience of thousands at the National Stadium - and not only kissed her cheek but gave her a hug.

So, she didn't bathe or wash her face for years?....wow!...btw I do like MJ...but not that crazy...