• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$845,000 Porsche uses less gas than a Prius

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Porsche 918 Spyder is the fastest production car around the Nürburgring. At close to a million dollars, it is by far the priciest road-going Porsche. And according to Porsche, this 887-hp track monster uses less fuel than a Toyota Prius.
Wait, what?
No doubt, Porsche’s new mid-engine super sports car is also its fuel economy leader. The plug-in hybrid’s all-wheel drive powertrain offers combined city and highway European fuel efficiency officially rated as 3.1-litre/100 km, or 3.0 for the 41-kg lighter Weissach performance model. Even if those numbers are not quite achievable in the real-world, that it manages to get anywhere near them is a huge technological feat for something this fast.

Cheers!

For those who wish to read more, go to the following URL:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...e-uses-less-gas-than-a-prius/article15986853/

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Porsche 918 Spyder is the fastest production car around the Nürburgring. At close to a million dollars, it is by far the priciest road-going Porsche. And according to Porsche, this 887-hp track monster uses less fuel than a Toyota Prius.
Wait, what?
No doubt, Porsche’s new mid-engine super sports car is also its fuel economy leader. The plug-in hybrid’s all-wheel drive powertrain offers combined city and highway European fuel efficiency officially rated as 3.1-litre/100 km, or 3.0 for the 41-kg lighter Weissach performance model. Even if those numbers are not quite achievable in the real-world, that it manages to get anywhere near them is a huge technological feat for something this fast.

Cheers!

For those who wish to read more, go to the following URL:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...e-uses-less-gas-than-a-prius/article15986853/

Looking forward to gas-free vehicles.
Prefer to have fuel-cell or fusion engine.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Anyone who buys an $845,000 Porsche couldn't give a shit about fuel consumption.

I don't bother either. It's the last thing on my mind when I purchase a vehicle.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myself looking forward to less dependence on fossil fuels, but I feel we are still many years away from that ideal. Anyways, we live with what we can get by with and for now, am quite interested in switching to these hybrid-engine vehicles for my next choice. In any case, all these cars are fast enough to get us a speeding ticket and I don't really care about going fast anymore. So much for those performance vehicles and the people who purchase them, they're more a nuisance on the roads driving those monsters endangering the lives of the public.

Cheers!

Looking forward to gas-free vehicles.
Prefer to have fuel-cell or fusion engine.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Myself looking forward to less dependence on fossil fuels, but I feel we are still many years away from that ideal. Anyways, we live with what we can get by with and for now, am quite interested in switching to these hybrid-engine vehicles for my next choice. In any case, all these cars are fast enough to get us a speeding ticket and I don't really care about going fast anymore. So much for those performance vehicles and the people who purchase them, they're more a nuisance on the roads driving those monsters endangering the lives of the public.

Cheers!

If you get a hybrid, I'll balance the equation by getting a Hummer.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the time being, it is not about the cost, but the image and sense of "carbon footprint." Someone driving a Toyota Prius is making his/her personal statement on their own environmental stance rather than making an actual impact on the environment. I got to thinking this way when Singapore started this night race F1 thing - cars that are driven in the night should generate their own lighting from headlamps, and not depend on thousands of street lamps to make to provide daytime visibility. But I guess one person doesn't make any change.

Cheers!

Anyone who buys an $845,000 Porsche couldn't give a shit about fuel consumption.

I don't bother either. It's the last thing on my mind when I purchase a vehicle.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
For the time being, it is not about the cost, but the image and sense of "carbon footprint." Someone driving a Toyota Prius is making his/her personal statement on their own environmental stance rather than making an actual impact on the environment. I got to thinking this way when Singapore started this night race F1 thing - cars that are driven in the night should generate their own lighting from headlamps, and not depend on thousands of street lamps to make to provide daytime visibility. But I guess one person doesn't make any change.

Cheers!

All this carbon footprint garbage is a load of crap and one of the biggest con jobs of modern times. Carbon has no effect whatsoever on climate.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't know about long-term climate change, my life on earth is too short to be affected by it. But tell me the pollution in cities like those in urban China where you can't see the sky are not man-made?

Cheers!

All this carbon footprint garbage is a load of crap and one of the biggest con jobs of modern times. Carbon has no effect whatsoever on climate.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

agreed..................after all, toy cars don't run on fuel mah hor...............