• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

4As for I Not Stupid actor

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_346786.html

shawn.jpg

4As for I Not Stupid actor
By Amelia Tan

Shawn Lee scored As in Maths, Economics and Physics and General Paper. -- PHOTO: J TEAM

WHEN actor Shawn Lee takes part in a movie, the most important part to him is seeing the audience's reaction.

The 17-year-old adopted the same attitude when preparing for his A levels: he pictured his parents's applause to his results to motivate himself.

Judging from the four As the Anglo-Chinese Junior College student received on Friday, his parents should indeed be elated.

The actor of I Not Stupid and Homerun fame, scored As in Maths, Economics and Physics and General Paper.

He scored Bs in Chemistry, Project Work and Higher Chinese.

But the good grades have come with sacrifices.

He has been missing from the big screen in the last two years, a decision he made so that he could focus on his studies.

Shawn rejected a couple of roles in movies such as Jack Neo's Love Matters. He had to turn down Mr Neo's offer because the movie was filmed during the his A-level exams week last November.

Shawn said on Friday: 'I would have to commit to a movie for about two months and just could not keep up with the schedule and juggle my studies at the same time.'

Read also:
Raffles JC tops A-levels

Last edited:

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_347109.html

A-Level Results
I'm not stupid, really
By Amelia Tan

WHEN Shawn Lee acts in a movie, what matters most to him is how the audience reacts when the film makes it to the big screen.
The 19-year-old adopted the same attitude when preparing for his A levels: He pictured his parents' applause.

The actor of I Not Stupid and Homerun fame scored As in Maths, Economics, Physics and General Paper. He scored Bs in Chemistry, Project Work and Higher Chinese.

The first thing his mother said was: 'You have done well, mummy is so touched.' But the good grades have come with some sacrifice on the part of the Anglo-Chinese Junior College (ACJC) student.

He has been missing from the big screen in the last two years, a decision he made to concentrate on his studies.

Shawn had to reject a couple of roles in movies such as Jack Neo's Love Matters. There were also his cross-country and basketball practices - co-curricular activities that kept him in school till 8pm on most days.

But he could not stay away from acting. Last year, he played the lead role in a Mandarin play, Choice, which was staged by ACJC's Chinese Cultural Society. The play won a gold with honours at last year's Singapore Youth Festival.

His mother, housewife Stella Tan, 50, said: 'He has been acting in TV dramas since he was nine...I know he would study till 2am or 3am on many days, but he knows he has to stay up late if he wants to take part in so many activities.'

Shawn's father, Mr Lee Wai Lung, 58, owns a transport company. They live in a three-room flat in Jurong West. He has two older siblings who are married. With the A levels over, Shawn, who is doing his national service, wants to apply for a scholarship to study film at New York University.

He said: 'I want to act and produce movies. I am filled with a sense of satisfaction when I watch myself in movies and see people laughing and clapping. I like being able to touch people.'

Read also:
Sterling results for Raffles
Discus champ aces exams
Doing well despite eyesight

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is talented. hope he can help those lesser mortars like whom he had acted in I Not Stupid, if he could in future.