• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3 PMAs catch fire at Admiralty HDB block void deck at 2:10am, 35 residents evacuated

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the hell is Chee Hong Tat waiting for? Still no action? Wait til Christmas til deaths or serious injury occurs then take action? NBCB.

https://mothership.sg/2024/08/pma-catch-fire-admiralty/

3 PMAs catch fire at Admiralty HDB block void deck at 2:10am, 35 residents evacuated​

No injuries were reported.

Belmont Lay |
clock.png
August 15, 2024, 02:18 PM
admiralty-pma-fire.jpg

A fire at the void deck of Block 482 Admiralty Link in the wee hours of the morning resulted in the evacuation of 35 residents from the block.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) told Mothership that they were alerted to the fire at about 2:10am on Aug. 15.

The fire involved three Personal Mobility Aids (PMAs) located at the ground floor.

Photos circulating online showed the extent of the blaze.

pma-fire-admiralty-01.jpg

pma-fire-admiralty-02.jpg

pma-fire-admiralty-03.jpg

pma-fire-admiralty-04.jpg

pma-fire-admiralty-05.jpg

fire-admiralty.gif

SCDF extinguished the fire using a water jet.

The residents were evacuated by the police as a precautionary measure.

There were no reported injuries.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

The exterior walls of the second and third floor units above the burned area were charred with black soot.

One reader wrote in with photos and said: "Affected up to ninth floor. Residents complained of loud sound, smell and black soot on their laundry, which are impossible to wash off."

"Childcare at the end of the block not affected. It's time to ban all these [devices] before they kill somebody."
----------------------

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised they can extinguish the fire using water jet. I would imagine the huge mount of water cools down the batteries enough for fire to stop.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is great news, but the best is yet to come.

I'm waiting for PMA to catch fire on a MRT car.
Now they have even made dedicated parking lots in the mrt car for this.
But the number of pma exceeded the number of parking lots available.
So commuters need to give way to these king of the mrt.

Thanks for the reminder, in future I will try to stay away from it.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now they have even made dedicated parking lots in the mrt car for this.
But the number of pma exceeded the number of parking lots available.
So commuters need to give way to these king of the mrt.

Thanks for the reminder, in future I will try to stay away from it.
You should buy one, too.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the hell is Chee Hong Tat waiting for? Still no action? Wait til Christmas til deaths or serious injury occurs then take action? NBCB.

https://mothership.sg/2024/08/pma-catch-fire-admiralty/

3 PMAs catch fire at Admiralty HDB block void deck at 2:10am, 35 residents evacuated​

No injuries were reported.

Belmont Lay |
clock.png
August 15, 2024, 02:18 PM
admiralty-pma-fire.jpg

A fire at the void deck of Block 482 Admiralty Link in the wee hours of the morning resulted in the evacuation of 35 residents from the block.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) told Mothership that they were alerted to the fire at about 2:10am on Aug. 15.

The fire involved three Personal Mobility Aids (PMAs) located at the ground floor.

Photos circulating online showed the extent of the blaze.

pma-fire-admiralty-01.jpg

pma-fire-admiralty-02.jpg

pma-fire-admiralty-03.jpg

pma-fire-admiralty-04.jpg

pma-fire-admiralty-05.jpg

fire-admiralty.gif

SCDF extinguished the fire using a water jet.

The residents were evacuated by the police as a precautionary measure.

There were no reported injuries.

The cause of the fire is under investigation.

The exterior walls of the second and third floor units above the burned area were charred with black soot.

One reader wrote in with photos and said: "Affected up to ninth floor. Residents complained of loud sound, smell and black soot on their laundry, which are impossible to wash off."

"Childcare at the end of the block not affected. It's time to ban all these [devices] before they kill somebody."
----------------------
EV?

whistling

Stupidman
Loyal
Wtf. My foresight was already there near a decade ago that pmd will be the upcoming hindrance to the public but it was treated as nut case and brushed aside.
So it is not possible that I will buy one.
PAP ministers sleeping on the job