• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

24 hrs that changed S'pore

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
-_- Here they go again... -_-

Those Fuckers...

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_383614.html

24 hrs that changed S'pore
Fifty years ago, on June 3, 1959, a new Singapore came into being, with a new government of Singaporeans, for Singaporeans. Some who were there recall those 'Merdeka' moments
By Li Xueying, Political Correspondent and Jeremy Au Yong, Political Correspondent

D1-1.jpg

The People's Action Party scored a landslide victory on May 30, 1959. On June 3, it held a victory rally on the steps of City Hall (above). -- ST FILE PHOTO

AT MIDNIGHT, the music stopped.
Over the airways of Singapore's only two radio stations - one English, one Mandarin - Elvis Presley fell silent, as did the Chinese orchestra.

What came on instead, at 12.01am on June 3, 1959, were the crisp, solemn tones of the British Governor, Sir William Goode.

He delivered a short, terse message. At the Chinese-language radio station, an interpreter simultaneously translated it into Mandarin.

Sir William intoned: 'Whereas by Section 2 of the Singapore (Constitution) Order in Council, 1958, (in this proclamation referred to as 'the order'), it is provided that the order shall come into operation on such day as the Governor may appoint by proclamation in the Gazette.

'Now, therefore, in exercise of the powers conferred upon me by Section 2 of the Singapore (Constitution) Order in Council, 1958, I, William Allmond Codrington Goode, Knight Commander of the Most Distinguished Order of St Michael and St George, Governor and Commander-in-Chief of the Colony of Singapore, do hereby appoint the third day of June, 1959, as the day on which the aforesaid Singapore (Constitution) Order in Council 1958, shall come into operation.'

With these words, a new State of Singapore came into being and a new government of Singaporeans was in charge.

It was led by Mr Lee Kuan Yew whose People's Action Party (PAP) had won 43 out of 51 seats during the General Election a few days earlier on May 30.

Read the full story in today's Insight Special in today's Saturday Special Report.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Capturing power is one thing.

Relinquishing it is another.

Die die also must see his son thru; even tho he is so screwed up.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
2i4776.jpg

[/CENTER]

Thanks for the dumbass Chink 75% majority:

“We have a practical people whose culture tells them that contention for the sake of contention leads to disaster. I have said this on many a previous occasion; that had the mix in Singapore been different, had it been 75% Indians, 15% Malays and the rest Chinese, it would not have worked. Because they believe in the politics of contention, of opposition. But because the culture was such that the populace sought a practical way out of their difficulties, therefore it has worked.”

- Lee Kuan Yew, 1985

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
And on that day ... a dictator rises and still is one today ...

Give me a benign dictator anytime and I can give you a democratic duck or may be Kim Il Sung!

Lee Kuan Yew = Singapore.
Singapore = Lee Kuan Yew.
There is no two ways about it.

After Lee Kuan Yew, who?
As LKY has said a thousand times, it is for you to decide!

You want to vote for his son? So be it.
You want to vote for his grandson?. So be it too!

He did not make his wife, daughter and other son the Defence Minister, Finance Minister and National Development Minister.